Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash timer for immersion

• 10-10-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭

Can I use a 16a flash timer ,located in the distribution board ,for an immersion ?
    I have an apt manager arguing with me over this.Immersion is standard size 3kw, the tenant just wants to control the immersion switch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

can you post up the model number of the clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

can you post up the model number of the clock.

13301 flash micromat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

accoding to the instructions i have here, its rated at 16 amps resistive and 4 amps inductive.
    i would imagine if you can isolate the feed suppling the dual immersion switch it shouldnt be a problem to use it.

thank you...
    im a sparks myself...the apt manager is just trying to wreck my head..i actually think i fitted something similar before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i don't think there's any problem with it

if the immersion isolating switch is left in place

if it's a din-rail timer it will be unwieldy compared to a standard flash timer under the box if the customer wants to boost the immersion

• Advertisement

M cebee wrote: »
    i don't think there's any problem with it

if the immersion isolating switch is left in place

if it's a din-rail timer it will be unwieldy compared to a standard flash timer under the box if the customer wants to boost the immersion

thanks,switch is staying in place and tenant is happy with timing method

Advertisement