Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Door

Options
  • 10-10-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Any advice welcome. Have a whirlpool oven, last week in the middle of the night the outer glass of the door shatter and fell all over kitchen. We were all in bed and the oven hadn't been used in two days. I contacted shop and i'm out of warrenty, they said it must have shattered due to change in temp!!!! They quoted me 250 euro for the panel of glass and another 80 to fit it. I contacted whirlpool directly and they quoted me 180 for the glass. Whirlpool said the door had to have been hit - which it def wasn;t.

I think it is very costly and no one can explain why it happened. Money is tight and i'm wondering should i replace glass or just buy a new oven - at least then it would be in guarantee. My oven is just 3 years old. I completely forgot to register with whirlpool when i first bought the oven to avail of their 8 year parts guarantee.

What should i do??

Advertisement