Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Screen,

• 10-10-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

My screen on my laptop is broken, it will stay on for like a min an then go black, but I can still see the screen under the black shadow, I changed the invertor thinking that was the problem, it still wont work... Anything else I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

If you have changed the inverter then next obvious choice is replace the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

yeah was thinking that... was thinking tho that because the screen still turns on, an goes off after a minute, when I close the lid it will go back on for a few seconds an then off again, I had hoped that there might be a fix other than a new screen,,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Balfie wrote: »
    yeah was thinking that... was thinking tho that because the screen still turns on, an goes off after a minute, when I close the lid it will go back on for a few seconds an then off again, I had hoped that there might be a fix other than a new screen,,

Thanks

What make and model of laptop is it Balfie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭themonic

Balfie- you don't have to replace the screen. You have damaged CCFL bulb mounted inside of it. What size of screen is it?

its a sony vaio vgn ns10L

The screen is 15.4

Thanks lads..

• Advertisement

So as far as I remember you have one bulb in the screen.
    You need screwdriver, CCFL bulb, some time and some luck :)
    I can give you bulb if you want [for free]. 15.4 is very popular size.

themonic wrote: »

That would be kool mate, I will throw ya a few quid for it like no bother, just send me a pm and I will talk to ya about it.. I'm on my phone at the moment so its easier if you pm me.. :) thanks very much, I really appreciate it..

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

themonic wrote: »

It would be unwise to take that advice! Esp from a person that should know the difficulties involved!
    Don't tackle CCFL bulb replacement on your own!! It is extremely difficult to get the screen back together properly and should not be tackled if you have no experience,
    Usually if CCFL bulb breaks....it stays broken! It should be interesting to see if new bulb actually solves the problem.
    Keep us posted on the thread

Advertisement