Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Eireann routes 109/109A Changes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The changes look very positive. It's about time the routes have been revised. Am I right in saying they are changing the route numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    The changes look very positive. It's about time the routes have been revised. Am I right in saying they are changing the route numbers?

I would imagine so - the 109 is being split into three and the 111 being split into two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Nice not to have go past the Mater! Only slight issue I see from Kells is a reduction in the buses going to Navan which a good few people use. Also don't see if peak buses will still go to UCD

haro124 wrote: »
    Nice not to have go past the Mater! Only slight issue I see from Kells is a reduction in the buses going to Navan which a good few people use. Also don't see if peak buses will still go to UCD

I'd imagine that the UCD extensions would continue - students are big business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

If only Dunshaughlin commuters had that luxury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

This is the summary of the proposed changes, it does mention in the doc that they will have new numbers for the service, interestingly Mater is also mentioned under proposal 2, that there will be terminations and departures from here, but no specifics how this is accomplished if the service is via port tunnel.

No changes to 109A bit disappointing they could have take the opportunity to opitmise the route and stop the bus from doing a u turn in Ashbourne.

also no plans for a integrated service with direct connection for Navan to M3 Parkway rail station which I know was discussed on boards previously.

either-way as a 4 day a week commuter from Navan to Dublin I welcome improvements to the service, I have sent off a email to them at:
    feedback@buseireann.ie with my submission.

I have also asked if they are intending on having multiple bus departing at same time on peak server to stop the current situation with some routes being full at the departure location.

Navan
    Total of 4 services to Dublin per hour throughout the day
    (3 services to Dublin per hour direct via M3 - 20 min frequency)
    (1 service to Dublin per hour via Dunshaughlin)
    1 service per hour to Dublin Airport & Dublin City University (DCU)

Kells
    2 services to Dublin per hour throughout the day
    (1 service to Dublin per hour direct via M3)
    (1 service to Dublin per hour via Navan & Dunshaughlin)
    Additional morning and evening peak services

Dunshaughlin
    2 services to Dublin per hour throughout the day

Cavan
    1 service to Dublin per hour via Virginia, Kells & M3 direct
    Timed connections to Route 109A in Kells for onward travel to
    Dublin Airport & Dublin City University (DCU)
    1 service to Athboy & Trim every 2 hours, via Granard

Trim
    1 service to Dublin per hour via Dunshaughlin
    Batterstown served on additional peak services

Athboy
    1 service to Trim every 2 hours, connects to Trim-Dublin service
    Additional direct morning and evening peak services to/from Dublin
    Kildalkey served on additional peak services

I'm not sure that a service from Navan to M3 Parkway and then a train would be faster than a bus continuing operating via the M50 and Port Tunnel?

Plus you'd have a double fare (bus & train).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

lxflyer wrote: »
    I'm not sure that a service from Navan to M3 Parkway and then a train would be faster than a bus continuing operating via the M50 and Port Tunnel?

Plus you'd have a double fare (bus & train).
    A direct Express bus service would be quicker than a train plus change to a dedicated shuttle to navan.

The double fare thing though is only an artificial problem as the NRA could tell the 2 cie sister companies to come up with a joint fare or other arrangements. Both are receiving subsidies for the service to m3 parkway and 109 bus respectively, so any restructuring of these subsidised services to reduce waste, increase efficiency and save the taxpayer money could obviously involve some sort of common rail/ bus ticket on the corridor.

I would agree, re speed until traffic in the city and M50 becomes worse and or the trains speed up.

Ticketing is not an issues more integrated fares are on the way eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭tom23

Furp wrote: »
    On the 109 from Navan this morning there as a booklet on every seat about proposed changes to the 109 and other services to Dublin, they are inviting feedback by 21st of January 5pm.

The booklet is also available on their website:

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1420620583-M3-Corridor.pdf

this is the summary from the first page, they want to introduce more direct services using the M3.

Sounds very promising! Almost afraid to believe it! If we can get a proper bus well I'd think Christmas has come early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Commuter109

Just had a very quick read . The devil will be in the detail I guess !

More express buses definitely welcome , but suggesting the same amount are needed uniformly throughout the day might be overkill .

If they can deliver what the say ie Navan to Dublin in one hour both ways with 3 expresses per hour that will be fantastic .

Interesting to see if the college green and Stephen green stops are maintained . Hopefully the are though ifs it coming in via DPT , logical last stop might be bus aras , which certainly wouldn't suit everyone .

Customs house key can be manic in the morning , know that from driving it now and again. No bus lane on that quay as far as I am aware ??? Maybe I'm wrong.

I would suggest that the majority of people will have a problem if what they are suggesting is every single 'express bus ' coming off the dual carriage way twice in blanch . That would potentially mean a slower journey home for those already using the express services . But lets see what happens !

All in all , I would be hopeful real improvements can be made

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

As I've suggested in the other thread, what would make much more sense would be for the 109 & 111 (or their new replacements) to be changed so that last stop inbound (and first pick up outbound) is M3 (Clonee) Parkway, with an allowed no extra cost change there for people that don't want to go to the centre that lets them use the 105, the Ratoath Busaras service that covers the identical route as the 109. In the same way, there would be pick up from M3 (Clonee) Parkway for the outbound passengers that are wanting to go further out than the 105 route covers.

If providing enough 105's is a problem then change that service so that some go to Ratoath via Dunshaughlin, which would take the pressure of the 109's, and hopefully mean that Dunshaughlin and Ratoath would get a better service.

There's no way that the longer routes should be coming off the N3 twice in Blanchardstown area, especially with the ease of access to M3 (Clonee) Parkway, and if they were to really get their act together, and do some work jointly with Dublin Bus (they are in theory all part of the same company), there would be services from M3 (Clonee) Parkway to other places around the city like Sandyford, Tallaght, Citywest (to name but 3), and better links into the Industrial estates behind Blanchardstown, some of the major hospitals and the major colleges, to provide a better service for students and hospital visitors. The concept of having to go into the centre of Dublin to then be able to get anywhere else in the city is so far out of date and crazy, I can't understand why the transport providers are so hung up on this crazy and out of date concept.

It might happen, or I shall be in danger of seeing pink pigs passing over Ashbourne on a regular basis.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Where is this place you are calling Clonee Parkway?

There is no station by that name.

Are you talking about M3 Parkway station?

If so, it would be helpful if you used the correct station name in your posts, as it will only cause confusion otherwise.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

lxflyer wrote: »
    Where is this place you are calling Clonee Parkway?

There is no station by that name.

Are you talking about M3 Parkway?

If so, it would be helpful if you used the correct station name in your posts, as it will only cause confusion otherwise.

Yes, M3 Parkway is probably the "official" name, but it's known as Clonee Parkway by some of the locals here.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Yes, M3 Parkway is probably the "official" name, but it's known as Clonee Parkway by some of the locals here.

Whatever it's local name might be, in the interests of clarity, I think it would be helpful if you used the official name.

Many people reading this will not necessarily be local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The mater hospital must be packed to the rafters with Navan people both staff and patients if the NTA crowd think it worth starting and terminating services there! A bus driver mentioned this to me earlier and he was laughing at how ridiculous it seemed while hoping it was nothing more than a typo on the page. Great that Navan buses will no longer serve the blanch centre at all and just serve the slip road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The mater hospital must be packed to the rafters with Navan people both staff and patients if the NTA crowd think it worth starting and terminating services there! A bus driver mentioned this to me earlier and he was laughing at how ridiculous it seemed while hoping it was nothing more than a typo on the page. Great that Navan buses will no longer serve the blanch centre at all and just serve the slip road.

Are they going to retain any 109 services to and from Cavan that serve Navan and Dunshaughlin, or are they proposing taking that away completely?

I didn't notice any mention of a service to and from Cavan and Dunshaughlin and Navan, in the proposed changes.

It says in proposal 3 it just states:

"The core Route 109, which currently runs between Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin and Dublin will remain"

but I didn't notice anything in the proposals to clarify whether they will retain a service that runs to and from Cavan and Dunshaughlin and Navan.

If they take that aspect of the service away, then I guess there'd be no service to and from Navan and Virginia either and it'd mean that anyone in Dunshaughlin or Navan looking to go to either Virginia or Cavan would have to get a bus to Kells first and then get another other bus from there.

It could end up being just as awkward for them, in the same way that was described recently by other posters for Cavan, who spoke of having to take the 109A from the airport to Kells and having to wait there to connect with the next 109 to Cavan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Are they going to retain any 109 services to and from from Cavan that serve Navan and Dunshaughlin, or are they proposing taking that away completely?

I didn't notice any mention of a service to and from Cavan and Dunshaughlin and Navan, in the proposed changes.
    <snip>
    I'm sure there'll be an odd direct service from Navan to Cavan as this was one of the critisms of the last major timetable rejig, so if its not planned already, there'll be submisions asking for it you can be sure.

Theres a good number going from Navan to Cavan in the morning and back in the evening for a day of studies in the College of Education which is against the major traffic flow so a stop in Navan wouldnt impact too severly on travel times, especially if the busses stoped near the fire station on the inner by pass rather than wasting half a day trying to get through Navan town.

If you provided a service to get the students to Cavan for 9am and one or 2 back in the evening then that would be them catered for, with anyone sleeping in or wanting to knock off early able to get a connection in Kells.

Are they going to retain any 109 services to and from from Cavan that serve Navan and Dunshaughlin, or are they proposing taking that away completely?

It says in proposal 3 it just states:

"The core Route 109, which currently runs between Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin and Dublin will remain"

but I didn't notice anything in the proposals to clarify whether they will retain a service that runs to and from Cavan and Dunshaughlin and Navan.

If they take that aspect of the service away, then I guess there'd be no service to and from Navan and Virginia either and it'd mean that anyone in Dunshaughlin or Navan looking to go to either Virginia or Cavan would have to get a bus to Kells first and then get another other bus from there.

It could end up being just as awkward for them, in the same way that was described recently by other posters for Cavan, who spoke of having to take the 109A from the airport to Kells and having to wait there to connect with the next 109 to Cavan.

Yes the hourly 109a will stay as it is serving kells navan dunsaughlin and Dublin and there will be a new express service to Cavan as well as a bus serving navan but there will also be a less frequent slow bus serving the smaller stops which should also serve the mater and Cabra. According to the proposals the only way to get to dunsaughlin from Cavan or Virginia would involve changing buses at kells which shouldn't be an issue as very few would require that service.

I'm sure there'll be an odd direct service from Navan to Cavan as this was one of the critisms of the last major timetable rejig, so if its not planned already, there'll be submisions asking for it you can be sure.

Theres a good number going from Navan to Cavan in the morning and back in the evening for a day of studies in the College of Education which is against the major traffic flow so a stop in Navan wouldnt impact too severly on travel times, especially if the busses stoped near the fire station on the inner by pass rather than wasting half a day trying to get through Navan town.

If you provided a service to get the students to Cavan for 9am and one or 2 back in the evening then that would be them catered for, with anyone sleeping in or wanting to knock off early able to get a connection in Kells.
    Yes the hourly 109a will stay as it is serving kells navan dunsaughlin and Dublin and there will be a new express service to Cavan as well as a bus serving navan but there will also be a less frequent slow bus serving the smaller stops which should also serve the mater and Cabra. According to the proposals the only way to get to dunsaughlin from Cavan or Virginia would involve changing buses at kells which shouldn't be an issue as very few would require that service.

It'd still be a pain in the ass for anyone looking to get to either Virginia or Cavan from Navan. The fact that, in the proposals, Bus Éireann makes no mention of a direct connection between Navan and Virginia or Cavan, means, for example, that if there's anyone at Navan hoping to use the number 30 service to Donegal, they'd have to get to Kells, where there's no bus shelter, then wait for a connection to either Virginia - where there's no bus shelter - or Cavan and then wait at Cavan for the Donegal 30 bus.

Whereas at the moment they can get the bus direct to Cavan Bus Station from Dunshaughlin or Navan. Even if you have a bit of time to wait for the 30 bus to Donegal to arrive in Cavan from Dublin, at least there's a coffee shop in the station.

And then, if they implement this proposal, there'd the same hassle for those passengers coming back from Donegal.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out and how they will work it out, considering the students that use the 109 between Navan and Cavan College. There's usually a good few passengers that get off in Navan, off the 109 that leaves Cavan at 5pm for Dublin that gets to Navan around 6.10pm. I'm guessing at least some of them may be coming from Cavan College?

• Advertisement

I also wonder and I have asked this in my submission of there are any plans to move stops or centralise them in the future, in proposal 2 for Navan it states Navan town and surrounding districts will served on every trip, does this mean the bus will pick-up from the larger estates, or a new terminus. This could be good from the passenger point of view but no way will they make Navan to Dublin centre in an hour if they start going around the town.

I also wonder and I have asked this in my submission of there are any plans to move stops or centralise them in the future, in proposal 2 for Navan it states Navan town and surrounding districts will served on every trip, does this mean the bus will pick-up from the larger estates, or a new terminus. This could be good from the passenger point of view but no way will they make Navan to Dublin centre in an hour if they start going around the town.

Thats a good point. The last thing we need now is to start going around Johstown on a milk run. The express the way it works now is fine in Navan in that it stops in Market Square and Ard Boyne and straight onto the Motorway.

Every time I have gotten the 109 and it has gone through Johnstown I have only seen one person get off. It is totally unnecessary to go around the world when there are stops on the main road. Granted I don't use the route for commuting only at the weekends.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Every time I have gotten the 109 and it has gone through Johnstown I have only seen one person get off. It is totally unnecessary to go around the world when there are stops on the main road. Granted I don't use the route for commuting only at the weekends.

The 109 buses that go through Johnstown from Navan during the day, are scheduled start a service from the Market Square at 5 to the hour.

An example is the bus that leaves at 2.55pm. This bus does a service from Dublin at 1.30pm to Navan including Johnstown. It is then scheduled to do a service, starting from Navan at 2.55pm. Another example is the bus that leaves Navan Market Square at 10.55am, does at service at 9.30am from Dublin to Navan.

I have taken these buses to Dublin from the Market Square a good few times, because I often find that they get into O'Connell St quicker than if I waited for the 109s that are scheduled to leave Navan at 5 past the hour.

I find that the buses that go through Johnstown - even though sometimes they arrive in Navan from Dublin a bit later than 5 to the hour - usually leave Navan before the 109s from Cavan - that are scheduled to pick up at Market Square Navan at 5 past the hour - have arrived at Navan.

I've seen people at the Market Square deciding against using these buses that go through Johnstown because they think the next 109 service, scheduled to leave at 5 past the hour, will get to Dublin quicker. I find that isn't usually the case.

The five past the hour buses, I find, may not arrive in Navan till 10 past or 15 minutes past the hour, depending on the traffic from Cavan, where they leave on the previous hour.

It'd still be a pain in the ass for anyone looking to get to either Virginia or Cavan from Navan. The fact that, in the proposals, Bus Éireann makes no mention of a direct connection between Navan and Virginia or Cavan, means, for example, that if there's anyone at Navan hoping to use the number 30 service to Donegal, they'd have to get to Kells, where there's no bus shelter, then wait for a connection to either Virginia - where there's no bus shelter - or Cavan and then wait at Cavan for the Donegal 30 bus.

Whereas at the moment they can get the bus direct to Cavan Bus Station from Dunshaughlin or Navan. Even if you have a bit of time to wait for the 30 bus to Donegal to arrive in Cavan from Dublin, at least there's a coffee shop in the station.

And then, if they implement this proposal, there'd the same hassle for those passengers coming back from Donegal.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out and how they will work it out, considering the students that use the 109 between Navan and Cavan College. There's usually a good few passengers that get off in Navan, off the 109 that leaves Cavan at 5pm for Dublin that gets to Navan around 6.10pm. I'm guessing at least some of them may be coming from Cavan College?

How many people a week go to Donegal from Navan? Would it be like the previous situation when every bus was routed through the blanchardstown centre just for a few people a day that could just as easily have used the slip road?

How many people a week go to Donegal from Navan? Would it be like the previous situation when every bus was routed through the blanchardstown centre just for a few people a day that could just as easily have used the slip road?

I'm just using the possibility of someone going to Donegal, or other towns like Enniskillen, as an example, because the proposed changes don't mention retaining any type of service between Cavan and Navan. If that change is brought in, if you want to get to Donegal by bus from Navan, you'd have to get three different buses instead of two and hope they all run without any kind of delay.

If anyone at Navan wants to go by bus to Donegal, or other towns on that route, like Enniskillen, they'd have to get out in Kells to wait for the next 109 to Cavan.

I got the 30 to Donegal recently by getting the 109 to Cavan Bus Station, which has a nice coffee shop in which to wait for the 30, and on my return from Donegal got out in Cavan to get the 109. If I had to get a third bus, it would make using the buses that bit more inconvenient.

The proposed changes would also mean no direct service between Virginia and Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

There's a 07.30 Bus from Navan to Cavan College and a 16.30 return bus which I'd presume would stay

There's a 07.30 Bus from Navan to Cavan College and a 16.30 return bus which I'd presume would stay

There's nothing in that booklet of proposals to clarify if they will retain any Dunshaughlin - Navan - Virginia - Cavan services.

It mentions retaining the Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin route but doesn't say anything about having a service from Cavan and Virginia to Navan and Dunshaughlin.

At the moment the 109 buses that serve Navan from Cavan are hourly, but they are proposing an hourly service from Cavan to Dublin that goes on to Kells and avoids Navan and Dunshaughlin.

Definately think further clarification is needed from BE/ NTA and very soon giving that the submission deadline ends this month. Just o the Navan route some of the questions or observations I would have are:

“Service every 20minutes throughout the day between Navan and Dublin”

Makes three an hour if mymaths are right, page 10 says 4 an hour

“New route will operatedirect to Dublin via the M3 Motorway”

Where will it enter andexist the motorway? are all morning expresses buses still going to use Navanexit or will they continue on to the Skyrne exist to service Kilcarne and TaraNa Ri stops ? Assumedly on the return journey they will continue to exist themotorway at the Skyrne exist?

Approach to Dublin citycentre via the M50/M1 interchange, Dublin Port Tunnel and IFSC

And where to after that?last stop busaras or will it continue down to O Connell steet and still leavepeople off at Trinity and Stephens Green in the mornings?

Navan town andsurrounding districts to be served on every trip

Not sure if they could beany more vague than this. As pointed out in an earlier post, if the M3buses are going to have to make a half a dozen stops in Navan before getting on the motorway, and deviate fromthe current situation where they serve two stops only, you can forget aboutgetting to dublin in an hour as promised.

Serves stops onBlanchardstown slip road for Blanchardstown Town Centre and Institute ofTechnology Blanchardstown

Stops Plural, so assumedlybus has to come off the dual carriageway twice? Is this every bus, expressesincluded or how many buses are we talking?

Greater reliability byavoiding congested sections of the road network on the approach to Dublin

Agreed but as has been well documented here before that congestion is only at certain times of the day. At 10 O clock at night Dublin isnt congested, they seem to be going from one extreme to another , a handful of buses using DPT, to 3/4 of all services using it?

Some peak services willdepart/terminate at Mater Hospital in Dublin, giving staff and patients a faster & more direct route to Navan

Why is the matter thecentre of the BE universe?They already have what 3 stops outside it I am correct.How manyservices and what times are they proposing.Under this proposal they will start and terminateservices there. Why effectively a new termus half a mile from Busaras?

• Advertisement

Definately think further clarification is needed from BE/ NTA and very soon giving that the submission deadline ends this month. Just o the Navan route some of the questions or observations I would have are:

“Service every 20minutes throughout the day between Navan and Dublin”

Makes three an hour if mymaths are right, page 10 says 4 an hour

The fourth service is the stopping service via Dunshaughlin.

Approach to Dublin citycentre via the M50/M1 interchange, Dublin Port Tunnel and IFSC

And where to after that?last stop busaras or will it continue down to O Connell steet and still leavepeople off at Trinity and Stephens Green in the mornings?

There is no way that the buses will stop serving St Stephen's Green and UCD - that market is far too important. I certainly would not be concerned about that.

Serves stops onBlanchardstown slip road for Blanchardstown Town Centre and Institute ofTechnology Blanchardstown

Stops Plural, so assumedlybus has to come off the dual carriageway twice? Is this every bus, expressesincluded or how many buses are we talking?

I would think that the stop is the one and the same for both the Centre and the ITB. The buses would only leave the dual carriageway once in each direction at Blanchardstown Road North. Leaving it twice would serve no purpose whatsoever.

Greater reliability byavoiding congested sections of the road network on the approach to Dublin

Agreed but as has been well documented here before that congestion is only at certain times of the day. At 10 O clock at night Dublin isnt congested, they seem to be going from one extreme to another , a handful of buses using DPT, to 3/4 of all services using it?

I imagine that the concern is to have a consistent route pattern throughout the day, given each service will have its own individual route number.

Some peak services willdepart/terminate at Mater Hospital in Dublin, giving staff and patients a faster & more direct route to Navan

Why is the matter thecentre of the BE universe?They already have what 3 stops outside it I am correct.How manyservices and what times are they proposing.Under this proposal they will start and terminateservices there. Why effectively a new termus half a mile from Busaras?

This would definitely be coming from the NTA which is trying to build up connectivity with hospitals around the country, and this would also mean a service beside the Children's Hospital as well. It may be that the hospital has made representations themselves? One would assume that there is also a peak travel market in that general area as well to be covered.

Getting suspicious regarding the M3 Express and the 'surrounding areas'. if indeed it serves Tara Na Ri and exits it at Skryne there is no way you would make that in an hour. There is at least three stops after Kilcairn bridge including the guy who gets picked up outside his house (which he has for the last 15 years, wish I was him I have to walk / drive 1.5 miles to get to the bus stop).

Starting to think that M3 Express is not going to be to much of an express.

Anyone received any kind of response or acknowledgement of there submission?

Anyone received any kind of response or acknowledgement of there submission?

My submission is still a work in progress!, will get it in to them this week. I did drop them a line last week to say that as a frequent express bus user, I had yet to see a leaflet on any of the private buses used for the express services.

On the 7.20 this morning at least, the leaflets were on it at least!

All in all, I still think a number of points need to be clarified in order for people to put in properly considered submissions.

Fired of an email for them to clarify the Proposal 2 Navan - Dublin. I'll share it if i hear anything back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Not had any response to my queries as yet. I do think clarification is required on the actual routes and timetables to allow people understand the affects on their current route. Any response I'll share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Can anyone tell me, do all the 109 buses stop at Garlow Cross in the mornings? Also, does the 5.30 express from Dublin stop there in the evenings?
    And finally, is the parking free here all day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

chewed wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me, do all the 109 buses stop at Garlow Cross in the mornings? Also, does the 5.30 express from Dublin stop there in the evenings?
    And finally, is the parking free here all day?

5.30 Pm does stop there but only the non express (109) buses stop there on the way to Dublin. The 109X turns off before the Willows pub onto the motorway but the 5.30pm comes off at the Skyrne junction. Odd but there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Meathman12

Just spotted this
    M3 Corridor (Routes 109 & 111) - Proposed ChangesRSSa-A+Print
    Bus Éireann asks customers to view our service proposals on the M3 Corridor (Routes 109 & 111).
    We value customer feedback and invite you to submit your comments on these proposals.
    Wednesday, 7th January, 2015

Closing date for comments is 21st January.
    Unable to show URL as I'm a new user

Meathman12 wrote: »
    Just spotted this
    M3 Corridor (Routes 109 & 111) - Proposed ChangesRSSa-A+Print
    Bus Éireann asks customers to view our service proposals on the M3 Corridor (Routes 109 & 111).
    We value customer feedback and invite you to submit your comments on these proposals.
    Wednesday, 7th January, 2015

Closing date for comments is 21st January.
    Unable to show URL as I'm a new user

It's already being discussed in this thread.

• Advertisement

poor form on the 07:05 again this morning. Almost twenty past leaving navan as the driver was late pulling in. So bus ended up taking both sets of passengers almost. I hope in the reshake of the 109 this common occurrence on these two departures can be eliminated.

07:05 broke down (under the bridge) just before the Maxol. That was a right pain as it was a wacky race back to Market Square to get the 07:20. Though I wonder did everyone get a place on the other bus?

Them LD's are starting to become like a game of Russian Roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

330 cavan single decker broke down@blanch.waited 50mins 4another bus. Last friday the 1st cavan bus broke down 2.
    Becoming more freqent

shannon82 wrote: »
    330 cavan single decker broke down@blanch.waited 50mins 4another bus. Last friday the 1st cavan bus broke down 2.
    Becoming more freqent

Seems to be okay, have seen 3 r109s broken down and/or what looked to be in serious bother, in the last three weeks or so, including that Cavan one on Friday,

Oh god won't you give me a Mercedes Benz... one of these would be nice for the 5:30.

http://www.independent.ie/videos/irish-news/are-these-the-poshest-buses-in-ireland-bus-eireann-unveils-460k-buses-30966658.html

indeed it would, they look nice, at the moment I would settle for a Bus that didn't break down. I saw another 109 stranded at blanch last night on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

The leg room in the coaches above is shocking. Bus Eireann already have 20 of these (minus toilets) in service since 2012 I think. They are not getting very good feedback.

The leg room in the coaches above is shocking. Bus Eireann already have 20 of these (minus toilets) in service since 2012 I think. They are not getting very good feedback.
    They also only have 63 seats(rated capacity) which is quite strange considering the lack of legroom in many of the seats, but those who get the 109 need not worry about these shiny new coaches as they won't see them apart from when they are getting on the beaten up old LDs in Busaras:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Foggy knowing BE I wouldn't be surprised if one strayed on the 109. Both Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus can't do bus to route allocation.... City swift anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement