Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show name instead of CLI?

Options
  • 10-10-2011 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

Does anyone out there know if its possible to set your land line to show your name instead of the number? Eircom say they cant do it but not sure about other providers?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Don't think it's possible with PSTN.

I know with VoIPfrom Blueface, if it's a VoIP to VoIP call (from their own subscribers) it shows names alright.

You could try save your number into the other person's phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shun

Hi,
    Thanks but I'm not trying to do it myself. I got a call in work the other day from someone who had done it. I saw their name on my phone. I wasnt in a position to ask them how they did it though!! i would just love to know how its done....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Are you sure its not just the software on your company's phone system and someone else had already assigned the caller's name to their number.

Advertisement