Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 20mb fibre broadband, 12mb down?!?

• 10-10-2011 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/twenty/

I'm a bit confused by this. They call it a 20mb package but they say it has 12mb a downstream?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Looks like a typo

It used to be a 12Mb package, they obviously never updated that part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Karsini wrote: »
    It used to be a 12Mb package, they obviously never updated that part.

So it is actually 20mb down? If so, paying an extra €10 per month for the 25mb package seems like a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Yes, it's 20Mb down.

I suppose if I wanted to 'downgrade' my 25mb connection to the 20mb one they would expect me to sign a new 12 month contract?

• Advertisement

doxy wrote: »
    I suppose if I wanted to 'downgrade' my 25mb connection to the 20mb one they would expect me to sign a new 12 month contract?

I'm not sure but they will charge you a "downgrade" fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

If you're in the first 4 months of your contract, you'll have to pay €50 for the modem along with the €10 downgrade fee

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm not sure but they will charge you a "downgrade" fee.

If you're in the first 4 months of your contract, you'll have to pay €50 for the modem along with the €10 downgrade fee

Thanks. I'm with them over 12 months, so in this case I would only incur a €10 downgrade fee? Anyone know if they'd want me to sign a new 12 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I'm with them over 12 months, so in this case I would only incur a €10 downgrade fee? Anyone know if they'd want me to sign a new 12 month contract?
    I just downgraded from 25Mb to 20Mb. I've been with UPC for over 12 months; €10 downgrade fee and no new contract.

I also got the phone service for €6, which is cheaper then €7.75 standalone charge.

However, if you get the phone service you do enter into a new 12 month contract.

Jilm wrote: »
    I just downgraded from 25Mb to 20Mb. I've been with UPC for over 12 months; €10 downgrade fee and no new contract.

I also got the phone service for €6, which is cheaper then €7.75 standalone charge.

However, if you get the phone service you do enter into a new 12 month contract.

Thanks Jilm :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement