Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Ordering Games

Options
  • 10-10-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

I have never pre-ordered a game before and was just looking for others experiences. I want to pre-order Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge from Gamestop. The game is not out until Friday. If I order it tomorrow will it be posted to me on/before Friday or is it the case that the game will be posted on the release day and I will get it Monday? Just wondering would I be better off going into the shop in person Friday instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I have never pre-ordered a game before and was just looking for others experiences. I want to pre-order Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge from Gamestop. The game is not out until Friday. If I order it tomorrow will it be posted to me on/before Friday or is it the case that the game will be posted on the release day and I will get it Monday? Just wondering would I be better off going into the shop in person Friday instead?
    To be sure you get it on or before release day - order online and choose express delivery costs a fiver though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

If it's handy to pop into a shop at lunch and they'll have stock (someone else could answer this as I have no idea what anticipation is like for this game) you'd be just as well picking it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I know when I pre-ordered Driver from Gamestop, I had it a couple of days ahead of release date. Hope that helps!
    (Also hope that happens with my Batman pre-order too! ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

With gamestop.ie I got Gears 3 a day early and Deus Ex two days early with express delivery. Hoping for the same with Forza and Ace Combat this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Whenever I preordered off them, the game always arrived early. No express delivery or anything. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When I ordered deus ex off gamestop.ie I got it on the tuesday,when I ordered fifa I got it on the thursday and I when I ordered rage I got it on the friday :(

When I ordered deus ex off gamestop.ie I got it on the tuesday,when I ordered fifa I got it on the thursday and I when I ordered rage I got it on the friday :(

It seems to depend on how big/popular the game is as to how early you get it. If there are alot of pre-orders they seem to send them off early to avoid any delays on their end of things.

Bet you I get Forza before Ace Combat this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Thinking of pre-ordering from Gamestop too, just wondering if people who got them on day of release or early used standard or express post?

Some people seem to get them early using standard post. Has anyone experienced delays when using express?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

What's the chances you'd get MW3 early if you preorder with express delivery, as another poster said they might send popular games early to avoid delay.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    What's the chances you'd get MW3 early if you preorder with express delivery, as another poster said they might send popular games early to avoid delay.

MW3 is out on a Tuesday, world wide release like Gears 3 was so I doubt you will get it early with standard post, because if that. If it was out on a Friday you would get it early by a day or two.

I got Gears 3 a day early because it was by express. They sent it the Friday before and I got it on Monday and it was due out in stores on Tuesday. MW3 should be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I've got 2 stories one good one bad , both from gamestop.ie.
    I live down the country.
    I preordered Deus Ex Human Revolution on tuesday the week of release and got it within 2 days one day before the actual release date ie. on the thursday.
    Just last wednesday evening though I preordered Rage which was supposedly dispatched on thursday and it is tuesday now and I still haven't gotten it.
    I emailed gamestop about it and they haven't replied so far.
    Both were ordered via standard delivery by the way.
    Hopefully Rage should arrive later in the week but I have to admit I was disappointed, didn't think it would or should take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Do gamestop charge you straight away, or only when the game is sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

marko93 wrote: »

Straight away.

marko93 wrote: »

Straight away, unlike Amazon for example. Can be a right pain in the arse as sometimes prices change and drop and you are left with the higher one unless you check. Again they could learn from Amazon in that line.

Not sure if I believe when gamestop.ie post games, ie when they send you the email saying they did post it, as Dark Souls arrived today - sent by normal post on Thursday along with Rage which has yet to arrive and I live in Dublin from which it is been sent from!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

Why are Gamestop the only places stocking this? Would be handy if there were other places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Got my copy from Gamestop via Niteline today :)

Good stuff! I got the wireless speed wheel today also from nightline even though I selected normal mail! :rolleyes:

I ordered this yesterday afternoon. What are the chances of it arriving today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Doubtful I'd say, but you never know.

• Advertisement

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Doubtful I'd say, but you never know.

Damn!!

Advertisement