Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV's Pricing

Options
  • 10-10-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

This has been something i have been meaning to mention on here for awhile...

I am just wondering will anyone on here have any reasoning behind it, because i certainly dont and i think its an absolute con. I will briefly outline my situation.

I am a current sky tv customer, i have the movie channels, and all but one of the entertainment packs..... So that and the sports channels are the only thing left out of my sky package, my current monthly fee is €59

So recently i was thinking of getting the sports channels switched on as its handy to have with football back on and other sports that sky cover aswell, and with the new offer of getting ESPN at no extra cost, it looked good. That was of course until i rang up and was qouted rediculous prices....

Firstly i will outline the following, any new customer wishing to join sky would be able to get every single package which includes the movies, sports, all entertainment packs, and free ESPN for a cost of €76, this is a standard rate, no special offer for signing up or anything. But it would seem that once your already a customer there is not a chance you will get it at that rate, i'll outline below.

When i contacted them to ask how much extra it would cost for me to add in the sports package to my current subscription i was quoted €96, been shocked with that response i said how can it be €76 for new customers signing up, but current customers are charged €20 more, for the exact same channels (bar one entertainment pack) if i added that, it would bring it to €98 a month, i got a response from someone was clearly not up to scratch on Sky's packages and just said that is Sky's charge, that's whats showing on my system, slightly annoyed i said well can you explain the reasoning behind charging different prices to different customers, and of course she couldnt, i asked was the €76 a special rate for signing up and she said no, once again used the term, sky's standard pricing, so effectively contradicting herself, i said well if thats sky's standard pricing why does your system want to charge me €20 extra a month for the same packages, once again a response that showed no care for the customer at all, i asked to speak to a supervisor who could explain it better to me, never heard back, i also emailed Sky and never got a reply either..... I have spoken to someone over the weekend who is currently paying €106 a month AFAIR, for the same full package from sky, thats a whopping €30 extra from ''Sky's standard charge''

Does anyone know why they can do this, they are literally charging different customers different prices for the same packages, surely thats not allowed? I feel like packing up sky and moving to NTL after all this fiasco. There customer service is a disgrace aswell having to ring 0818 numbers and kept on hold forever, then put through to some nimwit who couldnt give a flying f**k

Here's the prices for your own reference.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/bundles-offers/featured/premiums/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just ring up and say you want to cancel, the'll ask you why fairly fast, then you get the package for €76.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Not sure who you spoke to but maybe you should ring again.

I was paying 76 a few months ago for everything, packed in the movies and sports and got the usual call last week asking if I want 6 months half price movies and sports for 22 quid or so a month.

Didn't know it was possible to pay more than the 76 unless you had HD or multiroom etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

gramlab wrote: »
    Not sure who you spoke to but maybe you should ring again.

I was paying 76 a few months ago for everything, packed in the movies and sports and got the usual call last week asking if I want 6 months half price movies and sports for 22 quid or so a month.

Didn't know it was possible to pay more than the 76 unless you had HD or multiroom etc.
    We have the full package here which is 76 euro and we have HD which brings it up 91 euro a month.This is with out any special offers or half price offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Don't forget you are talking to soemone in a clal centre who probably has very little training and has not a huge inetrest in the job as a career. - Go to the website, create an online account and see what upgrade offers there are.

Or do what I did - switch to the standard €25 package and when a decnt match is on, go out to the pub.

Also, great films on plenty of other channels - esp Sony (159), film 4 (315), sky atlantic and the the regular offering on the normal channels.

Nice saving of €600 / year and very easy to get used to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sam1890

Your paying €59 at the moment and that breaks down as €31 for 5 basic mixes and movies which are €28, If you want to add on sports your total bill would be €74 not €96, how many boxes do you have at the moment? And the reason someone is paying €106 is simply because they have 3 boxes! €76 for full package €15 for the 1st additional box and €15 for the 2nd additional box = €106

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

get freesat and saorview for the other rooms, I am sure most of your viewing is rte/bbc in the spare rooms.

Advertisement