Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Journalism at University of Salford

• 10-10-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Thinking of moving over to Manchester to do this course and planning on staying over there once finished. It is a full time undergraduate course and tuition fees are going up to £8,750 from next year.

From what I can gather I think I am eligible for a student loan from the uk govt which will mean I dont have to pay the loan back until I finish the course and I am earning over £21,000, is this correct?

Would I be able to get a student grant from here to cover the tuition fees? This would save me having to get the loan from the uk govt

The course is full time but lectures are only 9 hours per week, 3 x 3 hours so I will be looking at working while I am at college. I will be getting the BTEA so that will be 500euro at the start of each year and 188euro per week??? can anyone confirm that it will be 188euro per week?

Would be great if anyone could help me out with any of the above, thanks

Advertisement