Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonica New Origin from gPotato

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

Orion wrote: »
    I'm no expert but in answer to 2 & 3 - it's free. If you don't like it stop playing it. You'll have lost nothing but time.

your answering a different question.....not the one i asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Whatever dude. It's a free game. You could just download it and play it for a while and try it out. You'd then answer your own questions. Or you can look a gift horse in the mouth.

Question for gPotato.eu: Jamie ...
    I've registered, clicked on the activation link and hit a problem. I can't use numbers in my nickname yet my gPotato ID has numbers in it. It's a nick I use everywhere (except here ironically) so I don't really want to change it. Is there any way around this? I can't complete the registration at the Security question page without using a nick that I want to use. And my alternatives are already taken. tbh - and at risk of giving denballs ammo against me - I don't want to continue without my own choice of nickname. What is the nickname on that page for and why can't it be the same as my gPotato ID?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

My my that is a lot of very shouty dragons.

Orion wrote: »
    Whatever dude. It's a free game. You could just download it and play it for a while and try it out. You'd then answer your own questions. Or you can look a gift horse in the mouth.

Question for gPotato.eu: Jamie ...
    I've registered, clicked on the activation link and hit a problem. I can't use numbers in my nickname yet my gPotato ID has numbers in it. It's a nick I use everywhere (except here ironically) so I don't really want to change it. Is there any way around this? I can't complete the registration at the Security question page without using a nick that I want to use. And my alternatives are already taken. tbh - and at risk of giving denballs ammo against me - I don't want to continue without my own choice of nickname. What is the nickname on that page for and why can't it be the same as my gPotato ID?

I am asking valid questions...the type of questions all game design companies need to answer about their games...like whats its USP.....etc......yes it can be played for free.....but it is not free...more like a demo.....if i wer to download and try every game i hear about ...i would only get through a weeks worth in my lifetime....... asking if the game is the type i would like to try is the very point of a thread advertising the game.......I hope you now understand...if not ill explain for you in more detail yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

Sounds like a plan lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Another batch of codes just gone out there folks.

I'll pop Jamie an email and see if he can spare some time today to get some of the questions answered.

denballs - is there any particular reason you're being so aggressive? That may not be your intention, but that's how it reads. Why would anyone play any game - the only answer is because they enjoy it. Here you're getting a chance to play the full thing for free rather than a demo. I've got 25ish hours clocked up on this game and haven't encountered any need or reason to want to pay for anything in it yet. The game playes like Golden Axe or Streets of Rage - both of which are games I loved when they were all the rage in the arcades and so this is something I have a bit of fun with and it's not costing me anything except my lunch times :)

The starter packs I have here are for Boardsies - Jamie will be able to answer any questions you might have on referral/recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just got it, thanks Dav (And gpotato ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gPotato.eu: Jamie

Hi guys,

Right, in answer to the questions

Jelle1880, yes it does. I play on a SNES pad using JoyToKey and map the buttons to the buttons I want to use. Hit escape in the game and there is an option to set up USB pads, and PS3 and Xbox 360 pads work, but usually only one of the sticks (to move the mouse cursor).

denballs, runescape, evony are browser games, and if you want to sit there all day clicking a screen, feel free. But if you want a button basher that's very fast paced, Dragonica is for you. It's NOT WoW, or does it try to be. Plus it's published from Dublin.

Yes it is free, no subscriptions, you can play the game from start to finish without spending a penny, no areas are unavailable to you. If you want your character or weapon skins, you can buy these, or alternatively people trade some of the shop items in the auction house. You can level fairly quick by doing combos, getting with a group if you can't solo a bit, or yes there are things to help double experience etc. But you get a bunch of these in the starter packs, so you really don't need to use these till after level 20. So it's not like a car, you don't need to buy it, you can play the entire game for as long as you like without spending a penny. Many of our players do.

Finally, yes we support players from outside Europe, we have a sort of IP block, but there is a big button on http://dragonica.gpotato.eu that you click "Register my IP" and it'll let you into the game after about a minute. You can earn gPotato for players you refer to us, details are at http://en.gpotato.eu/Account/Referral/ , you just need to get people to register through a particular link on your facebook, blog, boards sig etc.

Orion, your account name (the account you use to log in) is one thing, and the second thing is a forum name. We keep them seperate, so people can't see your forum name and try and log into your account. You can then have whatever name you like for your character name.

Ropedrink - The game has been completely overhauled since you played it, hope you like the new version :) And yes, the codes work on any account, whether it's a new player, or someone already with an account. Your character will still be there :)

If other people have questions, I'll happily answer, cheers!

Jamie

Hi guys,

Jelle1880, yes it does. I play on a SNES pad using JoyToKey and map the buttons to the buttons I want to use. Hit escape in the game and there is an option to set up USB pads, and PS3 and Xbox 360 pads work, but usually only one of the sticks (to move the mouse cursor).

denballs, runescape, evony are browser games, and if you want to sit there all day clicking a screen, feel free. But if you want a button basher that's very fast paced, Dragonica is for you. It's NOT WoW, or does it try to be. Plus it's published from Dublin.

Yes it is free, no subscriptions, you can play the game from start to finish without spending a penny, no areas are unavailable to you. If you want your character or weapon skins, you can buy these, or alternatively people trade some of the shop items in the auction house. You can level fairly quick by doing combos, getting with a group if you can't solo a bit, or yes there are things to help double experience etc. But you get a bunch of these in the starter packs, so you really don't need to use these till after level 20. So it's not like a car, you don't need to buy it, you can play the entire game for as long as you like without spending a penny. Many of our players do.

Finally, yes we support players from outside Europe, we have a sort of IP block, but there is a big button on http://dragonica.gpotato.eu that you click "Register my IP" and it'll let you into the game after about a minute. You can earn gPotato for players you refer to us, details are at http://en.gpotato.eu/Account/Referral/ , you just need to get people to register through a particular link on your facebook, blog, boards sig etc.

Orion, your account name (the account you use to log in) is one thing, and the second thing is a forum name. We keep them seperate, so people can't see your forum name and try and log into your account. You can then have whatever name you like for your character name.

Ropedrink - The game has been completely overhauled since you played it, hope you like the new version :) And yes, the codes work on any account, whether it's a new player, or someone already with an account. Your character will still be there :)

Jamie

Ok thanks.....but you do sell these gpotato points im guessing......can they make you stronger comparatively to other players?....well ill check the game out myself now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Thanks Dave, count me in for the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

If there's any left I'll take one.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

Can I have a code please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I would like to give it a try, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I'm a bit late to the party but I'd love a code if there's one going.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Jamie

Thanks for that, some decent info in there.

Just a question though, I got the game from the website and when unzipping it it said the file was corrupt. I tried twice, twice got the same issue.

Then I got a torrent file, patched everything and then when I start the game it says:

'The program can't start because nmcogame.dll is missing from your computer.
    Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

Re-installed it, same issue :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Just a question though, I got the game from the website and when unzipping it it said the file was corrupt. I tried twice, twice got the same issue.

Got the same issue. Didn't try after that (didn't have time)

Hi guys,

denballs, yes like Microsoft points. We try and make sure it's convenience or cosmetic or timesaving, there isn't a sword or anything you can get in Dragonica that is better than one you can get in game, if thats what you're asking.

Jelle1880 and dulpit, can I ask if you had the game installed on your computer from before (ie CBT, OBT), can I recommend that you uninstall the game you have, plus delete the folders, and reinstall it? I've just downloaded the game from http://file.gpotato.eu/dragonica/clients/neworigin/Dragonica_NewOrigin_20110920.zip and don't see any problems unzipping it.

Also, the Producer said that you should have all of your windows updates installed.

If you have other problems though, http://en.cs.gpotato.eu/ should have solutions, or you can submit a ticket.

Hope this helps!

Jamie

No, I've never had it installed before.

I'll try those things, thanks.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    No, I've never had it installed before.

I'll try those things, thanks.

Samesies...

Works now, at first the zip file only had the .bin file and an .exe, now it had 3 files, installed it, works fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've just sent out another few codes there now folks. To anyone else reading, I still have a small number left if you fancy it :)

So any interest in setting up a boards.ie guild in the game? i can set one up if there's a few people interested

Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

If there are more codes left, I'd love one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Boards guild sounds good!
    Need a copy though;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I`ll take one too if its available !

dulpit wrote: »
    Samesies...

Worked now, still haven't had time to login and get going (soon though)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Super, I would love to take up this offer. Good luck to all the crew with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

After reading the first post i was skeptical, and didn't want to request a code, but it seems to be good fun from what people are saying,

If theres any codes left i'd love to try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I'll take a code please if there's any left

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Glad that everyone is having fun with the game, and that the guys who had the installation problems seem to have worked through the issue.

I have set up a guild in the game called "Boardsies", so if you want an invite, either stick down your character name here, or send "Jammers" a message via post in-game

I have a couple of characters, a lvl 25 thief, and a lvl 53 Paladin, so I can help anyone who is stuck at particular points

Thanks!

Jamie

Advertisement