Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

electrolyte powder mix in bulk?

• 10-10-2011 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Im looking to buy a 1kg tub to mix with water, no/low carbs. just something to drink during intense indoor turbo/spinning as I sweat buckets.

there must be cheaper options than buying a tube of 20 tablets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I like this stuff (the Summer Fruit flavor is tasty!) -
    High5 EnergySource 4:1 With Super Carbs 1.6kg Tub €33

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-energysource-41-with-super-carbs-16kg-tub/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The op wants a bulk version of nuun tabs or high5 zero tabs by the sound of it (rather than super carbs). I'd be interested in this too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Dubba wrote: »
    I like this stuff (the Summer Fruit flavor is tasty!) -
    High5 EnergySource 4:1 With Super Carbs 1.6kg Tub €33

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-energysource-41-with-super-carbs-16kg-tub/

thanks but not what Im looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Have a look around this supplement shop, might find what your after:

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Myprotein also do electrolyte powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

A teaspoon of salt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

OP, just remembered Dioralyte. Might do what you want?

Commonly available, can't remember how it tastes (probably not as nice as lemon and lime Nuuns), dunno if you should dilute it down for use with exercise or should you leave it at full "post dose of the trots" strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Salt, lo-salt, bit of glucose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Dioralite ratio is:

5g of lo-salt to 3g regular salt to 36g of glucose. That's enough to make 2 litres of electrolyte drink and gives you a 50 / 50 split between potassium and sodium.

If you want to ditch the glucose completely you'll reduce the rate that the liquid passes out of your stomach and into your intestines and through your small intestine wall (i.e. leaving out the carbs will significantly reduce the speed of absorption).

When I want dioralite I'll use that mix and use sugar-free mi-wadi (just makes the carb calculations easier). Tastes much nicer and is obviously cheap as chips. Regular sugar will work too if you don't have glucose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Khannie wrote: »
    Dioralite ratio is:

5g of lo-salt to 3g regular salt to 36g of glucose. That's enough to make 2 litres of electrolyte drink and gives you a 50 / 50 split between potassium and sodium.

I had recently ditched the more sugary Powerbar powder and gone for the Nuun tabs - which took a little getting used to, but love them now.

Would this 5g/3g/36g with a drop of sugar-free Miwadi/Ribena do the same trick ?
    Great saving and much more convenient if this is the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement