Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I do anything?

• 10-10-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I am so furious right now! My neighbours large Golden Labrador has attacked my little Jazz for the 2nd time tonight. It was totally unprovoked and while Jazz isn't seriously injured that is only because I pulled the lab off her.
    She is very traumatised and is clearly in pain, I'll see how she is in the morning/over night and see if she needs the vet.
    My question is what if anything I can do to make my neighbour realise how dangerous to other dogs her dog is? I absolutely went through her tonight but I don't think she understands the reality. I in no way blame her dog it is 100% down to the owner but they also have a young black lab and I cannot bear to see him turn out the same way.
    The last time Jazz was attacked she said she was going to get a muzzle and I told her I could recommend 2 really brilliant behavourists I have had in but still that dog walks past my house off lead.
    I am too angry right now to talk to her but I need to stop this happening and need some advice.
    I want to cry seeing my girl look so sad and she won't let me touch her back or 1 of her legs which has a cut on the inside.

Jazz isn't the only dog she has attacked, she's had a go at all my dogs and managed to catch Boe once but thankfully he's big enough to get away from her. Most people around here walk their dogs off lead as it's very quiet and I'm really worried she will kill or badly injure a dog or even turn on someone when they pull her off a dog.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

A visit from the dog warden might be enough to make her control her dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

When my Westie was attacked last year, by a Kerry blue, I contacted the dog warden immediately. Unfortunately, all he could do was warn the owner of the other dog about keeping him on lead but, mine wasn't the first complaint either and told them so. The dog was briefly muzzled and I never saw it off-leash again. He also told them they were responsible for my vet's fees, which they paid. If your warden can talk a good game then maybe your neighbour will start taking their responsibilities seriously.

Hope Jazz is ok, and you too, I know how you feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have you contacted the dog warden about any of these incidents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Thanks everyone, I haven't contacted the warden up till now as this is a very small close and we rent our house so I was concerned the rest of the neighbours ( who she is very close to) could cause us problems.
    Enough is enough though her dog is dangerous and will kill another dog if not controlled so I will definitely be taking action this time.

Advertisement