Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AR coated sapphire ...me no likey

• 10-10-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Was wearing the homemade Molnija re-case today, all day and I must say I'm massively underwhelmed with the AR coated sapphire crystal that's on this case.

The only condition where you can see the dial in its true colours (and I've been fumbling with it long enough so that I know exactly what it looks like without glass :D) is in bright daylight, from an angle, without reflection.

Full on, the AR coating does nothing as you still get fairly strong reflections.
    And in any other conditions (overcast or neon office lighting) the dial looks purple instead of red.

Also it shows every tiny smudge and fingerprint and at the wrong angle amplifies them "nicely" in a blue hue.

I had noticed this before on my other saphire clad watch, the Apucto...but that has a black dial and the effects are not as pronounced.

I'll buy mineral or plastic only from now on (unless sapphire can not possibly be avoided)

Advertisement