Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra subject for the LC?

• 10-10-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi I'm in TY and we have been asked to choose four subjects for our LC, but I haven't decided which of two courses I'd like to pursue in uni. So I decided to pick all the subjects needed for each course to keep my option open. Only trouble is I'm one subject over. The subjects I want to do are: :D

French <
    Have to do this one in school!
    Geography
    History :cool:
    Biology
    Business or Economics (I need a business subject)

So my question is which subject would be the easiest to study by myself. Now I know that none of the subjects are easy of course but just which one would be the least complicated for me to self study. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

There is no course you need a business subject for, or in fact any of those subjects aside from French or Biology if you wanted to Science. If you were to do all those subjects and your 3 other ones, you would be doing 9, which will do you absolutely no favors and will damage all your results. You're not taking subjects because you like them, you're taking them for points.

The subjects you have pointed out are also ones with incredibly heavy workloads, history and biology especially. Choose economics to study in school as its much harder than business and would stand to you more if you pursued a businessy course further on. Business is effectively just read the book, so don't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

NathanOR wrote: »
    Hi I'm in TY and we have been asked to choose four subjects for our LC, but I haven't decided which of two courses I'd like to pursue in uni. So I decided to pick all the subjects needed for each course to keep my option open. Only trouble is I'm one subject over. The subjects I want to do are: :D

French <
    Have to do this one in school!
    Geography
    History :cool:
    Biology
    Business or Economics (I need a business subject)

So my question is which subject would be the easiest to study by myself. Now I know that none of the subjects are easy of course but just which one would be the least complicated for me to self study. :)

business by a mile you dont need to understand the stuff just learn the book from cover to cover and your sorted. I wouldn't really recommend doing bio on your own because some concepts can be confusing like genetics etc. Geog is also a good one as well, but the project, youd have to make sure youd get someone to sign it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

your school only does 6? i do 7 and have 5 frees a week

Advertisement