Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinda fix it friday question

Options
  • 10-10-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi am going mad trying to remember the name of a hotel that used to be in Galway city but can't for life of me! Not sure if this is right place to post it but said I'd try anyway. Its the hotel that is across from Duggans shop on Dublin road in Renmore now known as Carlton Hotel, formerly Days hotel but it is the name it was before that, it was part of a chain and had good rep if I remember correctly! anybody remember, only bout 8 years since its changed! Thanks for help if you can

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

it was ryans hotel originally:)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

hi westgolf thanks for such quick reply, did it have any other name in between?i it just doesn't sound right but had it in my head it either began with a y or w so put myself off

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

pamweld wrote: »
    hi westgolf thanks for such quick reply, did it have any other name in between?i it just doesn't sound right but had it in my head it either began with a y or w so put myself off

Definitely Ryans.

twas ryans originally for a long number of years, then it was something else for about 2 or 2.5 years when the fitzgeralds from gort had it and then it became the carlton:rolleyes:

thanks guys, only came into my head coz my sister in-law stayed there last week and I didn't realise where she was talking about. Tried to remember then and even asked my sister who worked in ryans at one point and she couldn't even remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Nope was always Ryans, then Days then Carlton. Maybe your thinking of somewhere else.

Nope was always Ryans, then Days then Carlton. Maybe your thinking of somewhere else.

good man ben, couldn't think of Days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

flannerys ?

moy83 know flannerys well, practically lived in that hotel in back bar while at college, def ryans hotel I was asking about, just didn't sound right initially but ryans is the one, wrecked my head trying to remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I lowered one or two beakers of beer there myself . I wasnt in college just had an interest in the college girls :D Ah the good old days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

i drank to that too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

westgolf wrote: »

good man ben, couldn't think of Days

You said days in your first post

??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Rylan wrote: »
    You said days in your first post

??

westgolf's not the OP ;)

Advertisement