Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub grub in Dublin

Options
  • 10-10-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hello, I'm trying to think of somewhere that does decent, simple pub grub (nowt fancy - fish and chips, sausage and mash etc.) in Dublin, that I can take my family to on Saturday night. They won't eat in restaurants, won't eat rich or "foreign" food :rolleyes: and it needs to be earlyish - around 6pm. It was going to be the Porterhouse, but it gets really loud in there with the live band at that time on a Saturday, and they won't let ye reserve tables for small groups (there'll be six of us).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the food in mulligans, stoneybatter is supreme.

highly recommend it
    http://www.lmulligangrocer.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

tattykitty wrote: »
    Hello, I'm trying to think of somewhere that does decent, simple pub grub (nowt fancy - fish and chips, sausage and mash etc.) in Dublin, that I can take my family to on Saturday night. They won't eat in restaurants, won't eat rich or "foreign" food :rolleyes: and it needs to be earlyish - around 6pm. It was going to be the Porterhouse, but it gets really loud in there with the live band at that time on a Saturday, and they won't let ye reserve tables for small groups (there'll be six of us).

Any suggestions?

The Bull and Castle at Christchurch are good, but they get busy, so you might want to book in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

O'Neills on Suffolk St is nice - have an all-day carvery too if ya want that. Nice few corners in it too at reasonable price - approx 10 for nearly everythin. Bout the best i can think off.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Cassidys on westmoreland Street used to be good but only reopened so not sure what like. Also try Fitzgeralds on the quays had good food there before and always quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭tattykitty

Thanks for your suggestions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

irishbird wrote: »

highly recommend it

+ 1 for Mulligans. I love their nutroast :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

cosmic wrote: »

Me too :D and as for the veggie sotch egg - heaven

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Mulligans, Porterhouse, The Exchequer are all good.

Against the Grain is brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

Zatman wrote: »
    Cassidys on westmoreland Street used to be good but only reopened so not sure what like. Also try Fitzgeralds on the quays had good food there before and always quiet

Cassidy's is reborn as a kinda studenty rock bar, no food and lost a lot of the Parisian decor it had too, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

another one for Lawrence Mulligan's. best pub grub I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

highly recommend it
    cosmic wrote: »
    wixfjord wrote: »
    Mulligans, Porterhouse, The Exchequer are all good.

Against the Grain is brilliant too.
    another one for Lawrence Mulligan's. best pub grub I've ever had.

In conclusion..... Mulligan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Me too :D and as for the veggie sotch egg - heaven

Ooooh, I've never tried that! Must get it next time. I tried to make my own ones before and failed miserably. I know what I'll be doing Saturday evening now so...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The Brazen Head. Does a lovely bangers and mash and the Guinness is nice too.

Advertisement