Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath off again, on again??

Options
  • 10-10-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

sounds like there is some contact going on

from billboard.com

Speaking with Billboard.com regarding his upcoming second book, "Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy," Osbourne also touched on the swirling Sabbath reunion rumors. "Yes, it's a very, very strong possibility," he says of getting the old band back together. "It's in the very early stages, so we haven't recorded anything yet. If it works out, it'll work out. If it doesn't, I'll keep doing my thing."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'm not getting my hopes up (again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

A tour? Yes please.

A new album, no thanks. Let's not tarnish the legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

If it does happen it'll make an arse of Geezer (who seemed to be the most vocal about it never happening) ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Not sure I care...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Gridlock wrote: »
    Not sure I care...

Good point, well made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seen them 4 times, both re-union gigs in B'ham, B'ham a year or 2 later and Milton Keynes.

I've gone beyond caring about Sabbath now, $harron only wants Ozzy to do it for the money, the Sabbath (And Ozzy) i know and love died years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Who wants to see Ozzy stumbling round the stage mumbling 'scream for me' or 'go fucxin crazy!' (without sounding one bit like he means it) between poorly delivered vocals? Some people can get older and still be relevant like Tony Iommi, but Ozzy has lost the magic and is a joke these days. Yeah he can still be amusing the odd time when interviewed, but thats not enough and it needs to stop. And on top of that he inflicted Sharon, Jack and Kelly Osbourne upon the world. Thanks a million Oz...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Can't really be a*sed with Ozzy. With late Dio It could have worked out, at least live but with Oz... Well, only if you never saw them live could it be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

I doubt they're organising a press conference for the 11.11.11 at 11.11am purely to say they're not doing anything at all. Saw Black Sabbath at whatever Ozzfest in Milton Keynes and was completely underwhelmed so it'll be with something short of bated breath that I'll be waiting to find out what portentous news is coming.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Seen them 4 times, both re-union gigs in B'ham, B'ham a year or 2 later and Milton Keynes.

I've gone beyond caring about Sabbath now, $harron only wants Ozzy to do it for the money, the Sabbath (And Ozzy) i know and love died years ago

I still feel the same

The Sabbath/Ozzy in know and love died a long time ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

What a void. What an opportunity. I smell an obese parody / tribute act

Fat Sabbath, anyone

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

377412_10150386486192410_237037297409_8357022_1780438153_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mother Mooch

To be fair, I saw Ozzy at Hellfest this year, expected him to be ****e as I'd seen him the last time he played in Dublin and he was utter rubbish, but he was feckin' great at Hellfest. Then again he played five Sabbath tunes and only played stuff up as far as No More Tears.

I saw Sabbath at the '97 reunion gig in Brum and could very well die a happy man on that basis alone, but it'd be great to see them one more time :D

As long as this announcement tomorrow isn't a new album, that is something I don't want at all ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

11-11-11 is today!

Wouldn't mind witnessing the lineup with Ozzy live. I wouldn't object to a new album either.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

No objections here about a new album either. If its sh*t I'll just ignore it, but if its class then happy days. Would love to see them live but that would most likely depend on them playing an Irish gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

6 hours and 30 minutes till announcement is made.

blacksabbath.com

Zerroth wrote: »
    6 hours and 30 minutes till announcement is made.

blacksabbath.com

Yet another reason why i hate Ozzy so much now.

Sabbath are a British band, so why have the announcement at 11:11 U.S time

$harron sticking her fcukin oar in again no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I didn't realize this earlier. Was sitting around waiting for 11:11 all excited. Then had a major disappoint :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Certain members of that band and their entourage are only British when it suits a particular media soundbyte. No doubt the same bunch of people will milk what is coming for everything they can.

They are nothing more than an oozing boil on the arse of a legendary band. They add nothing but irritation, but need constant attention.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Certain members of that band and their entourage are only British when it suits a particular media soundbyte. No doubt the same bunch of people will milk what is coming for everything they can.

They are nothing more than an oozing boil on the arse of a legendary band. They add nothing but irritation, but need constant attention.

That post is one of the best and most accurate i've read in a long time, EXACTLY the way i feel about them.

The Ozyy/Sabbath i know and loved died a long time ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

As far as I'm aware the 4 of them live in the LA region.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

On again. Headlining Download 2012 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

feylya wrote: »
    On again. Headlining Download 2012 :D

Convenient. An hour's drive south too. Doesn't quite measure up to the 20 minute walk I had to Marley park for gigs, but still, all things considered ... win \o/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Lemming wrote: »
    Convenient. An hour's drive south too. Doesn't quite measure up to the 20 minute walk I had to Marley park for gigs, but still, all things considered ... win \o/

And Metallica playing the Black album the day previously? Yes, I shall be going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Great news and I look forward to the new album but FFS why does Download have to be the same time as Euro 2012 :mad: I wish Sabbath had of chosen Sonisphere so I could have gone to both...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Great news, two great Download headliners

Now all we need is Van Halen and I won't be attending another gig in 2012

Well...not really...but Download will be No 1

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

A band like Black Sabbath need a different producer than Rick Rubin, I can't be the only one who thinks albums with his production tag come out sounding stripped down, and while this isn't a bad thing of itself for a lot of bands, I think Sabbath will need someone to put some meat on their aul bones in order to make a substantial sounding record.

Of course, the songs will probably be ****en awful regardless.

• Advertisement

Be very interested to see the tour schedule, Ozzy is well and truly fcuked and CANNOT play 2 consecutive nights, i think it'll be Gig, 2 days off, Gig

Also i can see a few dates being cancelled due to ill health.

I met Ozzy after the first set of Reunion gigs in Birmingham, 98 i think it was, and he was well and truly fcuked, i was shocked, i know it was only an hour after he'd finished his set but i was shocked all the same.

I've mentioned this once before on this forum but i'll mention it again, i used to roadie for a few bands, and one of these bands best mate was a pretty big guitarist in a big band, he told me that he'd done a few festivals with Ozzy in Europe and that he didn't know what country he was in half the time.
    The most shocking revelation he made was that in the wings for every show is a guy who sings along with Ozzy, a tall blond haired dude, Ozzy has such a problem hitting some of these high notes now that this guy is brought into the mix frequently.
    I asked another guy i used to hang out with, who was tour manager for a big U.S band and he confirmed it.

Advertisement