Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath off again, on again??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bill is coming out of this really well and has handled it exceptionally

From his website today

Dear Sabbath Fans,

I wanted to let you know where things are at, from my point of view, as of today, February 17, 2012.

As my statement of February 2, 2012 indicated, I have not declined to participate in the Sabbath album and tour. At the earliest opportunity, I am prepared to go to the U.K. and record, and later tour with the band.
    Last week, we sent further communication to the attorney handling the negotiations to try to reach an agreement. At this time we are waiting to hear back. I remain hopeful for a “signable” contract and a positive outcome.

I want to thank everyone who has voiced and posted their opinions, thoughts, support and love through all media, including the newly constructed sites. I applaud your worldwide reaction in support of the original band. And speaking for myself, your intent and truth will always be respected.

While believing in your freedom for expression, keep in mind that Tony, Ozzy and Geezer are still my lifetime friends, and I cannot support comments with an objectifying or derogatory theme toward them or their various representatives.

Many thanks to all of you. You are truly phenomenal.

Stay safe, stay strong.
    –Bill Ward

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

lord lucan wrote: »
    Sharon says it's not true,case closed.:rolleyes:

It may be ever so teensy weensy unkind...but its a pity that it was Dio that was the one that died from cancer.

It may be ever so teensy weensy unkind...but its a pity that it was Dio that was the one that died from cancer.

You said it, i've been thinking it for a long time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Billy Corgan would concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hmm... not a promising sign for Iommi's health if they've decided to cancel the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

honru wrote: »
    Hmm... not a promising sign for Iommi's health if they've decided to cancel the tour.

Wait, what?

Edit: Awww, crap http://www.facebook.com/BlackSabbath/posts/10150571110059615

feylya wrote: »
    Wait, what?

The only date Sabbath are playin is Download, the rest of the dates Sabbath have been replace by Ozzy & Freinds (Geezer, Zakk, Slash etc)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

scudzilla wrote: »
    The only date Sabbath are playin is Download, the rest of the dates Sabbath have been replace by Ozzy & Freinds (Geezer, Zakk, Slash etc)

Good job I'm going to Download then! :D Tony must be in a really bad way :(

feylya wrote: »
    Good job I'm going to Download then! :D Tony must be in a really bad way :(

I dunno, this is all me own brain work but here's my theory.....

A LOT of money is involved in this tour, and we all know that $harron like money, and lots of it.

It's probably still unknown how Tony will come out of this Chemo, will he be up for a tour? Rather than have the pressure of a whole tour on his shoulders while recovering they pulled it and $harron TOLD her wife to do it.

That way, $harron makes a load more of her favourite item and Tony can just concentrate on getting better and Donington.

I personally don't think he'll play Donington, i reckon a few days before the event it will be changed to 'Ozzy & Friends' due to Tony's illness, then Tony will make a small, maybe 2 or 3 song, appearance wit Ozzy, Geezer & maybe Bill at the end of the set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Wishing Iommi better :/ if he's fit enough to play that one date it's something I guess.. will hold my breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I personally don't think he'll play Donington, i reckon a few days before the event it will be changed to 'Ozzy & Friends' due to Tony's illness, then Tony will make a small, maybe 2 or 3 song, appearance wit Ozzy, Geezer & maybe Bill at the end of the set

Could very well happen. It's good they're pulling it now though. Didn't Dio pass away like ten days after the tour by Heaven and Hell was cancelled? Not to suggest the worst but I think focusing on recovery for now is a good decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Was really really really looking forward to seeing Dio with heaven and Hell with Maiden before he passed. I am one of the few who think Dio in BS was better than Ozzy, I just think Ozzys a relic Dio still had something to offer. I know historically Ozzy has his place but that place was 40 years ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I dunno, this is all me own brain work but here's my theory.....

A LOT of money is involved in this tour, and we all know that $harron like money, and lots of it.

It's probably still unknown how Tony will come out of this Chemo, will he be up for a tour? Rather than have the pressure of a whole tour on his shoulders while recovering they pulled it and $harron TOLD her wife to do it.

That way, $harron makes a load more of her favourite item and Tony can just concentrate on getting better and Donington.

Yea thats probably what will happen . Id say Sunday tickets for Download will sell out asap now with people thinking it could be the very last time they ever play together (due to tonys health)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

whats the latest gossip then!?!

Nodferatu wrote: »
    whats the latest gossip then!?!

Apart from $harron being a cnut, not much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

someone threw up a bill ward piece about sharon screwing the lads and ozzy getting 70% of the dosh wheres that gone i was just replying to it

From Bill Ward-that sharon is some gowl never liked her met her before:p

Hello my fans. I am humbled by the outpouring of support you've shown me. On this third round of negotiations my lawyers have sent to Ozzy's attorneys, here is how the reunion stands. Keep in mind I have nothing but respect for my former bandmates, so I wish to not speak in derogatory terms of them.

However, the contract is still unsignable and I am breaking my silence to divulge the reasons why. It's unsignable because Sharon Osbourne only wanted to give Geezer and I five percent each, along with 10 percent for Tony. Mind you, I am not on the dole and I don't need a few quid that badly. I have my honor and as an original member of Black Sabbath I deserve to be shown respect.
    Might I add that Sharon also included some mighty rich stipulations to that contract as well. She never forgave me for leaving Ozzfest in 1997 and departing the next year due to health reasons. Bloody nonsense! She made sure that on any of the tour riders I would not get a vegan platter, plus she wanted me to walk Ozzy's twelve dogs before each show.
    To top it off, Sharon wanted us to do a version of "Changes" on the setlist that featured Kelly Osbourne dueting with Ozzy. I'm sorry mate, but that's where I draw the line. It was also in the contract that I would have to feature all these new commercial bands that Sharon manages on my monthly radio show on WPMD. What a load of horse bollocks. I can't handle that woman since she threw eggs at our mates in Iron Maiden years back, which upset me enough to leave that tour.
    The most unacceptable thing, in my opinion, was how Sharon's management team insisted that the new album we would put out should contain commercial sounding metal that would make it easier for us to get airplay. The boys and I were thinking of calling the new album "Doomination," but she thought the title was too limiting. So, at this point, the contract is still unsignable. Mind you, I am ready at any moment to board a plane from California to Birmingham if a proper contract with no degrading stipulations exists, one in which I'd also get a proper twenty-five percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

someone threw up a bill ward piece about sharon screwing the lads and ozzy getting 70% of the dosh wheres that gone i was just replying to it

Haha saw it was April 1st!

so geezers going to do it for 5% tony 10% and the nobody replacement drummer $100

has ozzy any balls he should lay the law down to sharon and get the original members 25% each

Mushy wrote: »
    Haha saw it was April 1st!
    sounds genuine replacement drummers lined up in all

• Advertisement

From Bill Ward-that sharon is some gowl never liked her met her before:p

Hello my fans. I am humbled by the outpouring of support you've shown me. On this third round of negotiations my lawyers have sent to Ozzy's attorneys, here is how the reunion stands. Keep in mind I have nothing but respect for my former bandmates, so I wish to not speak in derogatory terms of them.

However, the contract is still unsignable and I am breaking my silence to divulge the reasons why. It's unsignable because Sharon Osbourne only wanted to give Geezer and I five percent each, along with 10 percent for Tony. Mind you, I am not on the dole and I don't need a few quid that badly. I have my honor and as an original member of Black Sabbath I deserve to be shown respect.
    Might I add that Sharon also included some mighty rich stipulations to that contract as well. She never forgave me for leaving Ozzfest in 1997 and departing the next year due to health reasons. Bloody nonsense! She made sure that on any of the tour riders I would not get a vegan platter, plus she wanted me to walk Ozzy's twelve dogs before each show.
    To top it off, Sharon wanted us to do a version of "Changes" on the setlist that featured Kelly Osbourne dueting with Ozzy. I'm sorry mate, but that's where I draw the line. It was also in the contract that I would have to feature all these new commercial bands that Sharon manages on my monthly radio show on WPMD. What a load of horse bollocks. I can't handle that woman since she threw eggs at our mates in Iron Maiden years back, which upset me enough to leave that tour.
    The most unacceptable thing, in my opinion, was how Sharon's management team insisted that the new album we would put out should contain commercial sounding metal that would make it easier for us to get airplay. The boys and I were thinking of calling the new album "Doomination," but she thought the title was too limiting. So, at this point, the contract is still unsignable. Mind you, I am ready at any moment to board a plane from California to Birmingham if a proper contract with no degrading stipulations exists, one in which I'd also get a proper twenty-five percent.

Is there a link to this anywhere? Bill's site??

Ah right, April Fools joke it was then.

But when i read it i was pretty convinced that the money part would have been quite accurate, $harron is a complete cnut

Seems genuine

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/feb/06/black-sabbath-reunion-bill-ward

Black Sabbath's comeback will take place without Bill Ward. The metal legends have announced they are moving on without their original drummer, dismissing his complaints about the terms of their reunion.

In a statement on their website, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi hardly seemed sympathetic to Ward's grievances. "We were saddened to hear via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current [plans]," they wrote. "We have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open."

Though the specifics of the dispute have not been revealed, Ward has emphasised his interest in and commitment to the group – he simply has issues with the contract. "My position is not greed-driven," Ward wrote on Thursday. "I'm not holding out for a 'big piece' of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal … [just] a signable contract … that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band."

Fans have been vocal in their respect for Ward's decision. "Your support from across the world has given me further strength and hope for a positive resolve," Ward wrote on Saturday . "I have been moved and overwhelmed by the thousands of messages. I love you all."

Meanwhile, Osbourne, Butler and Iommi have begun writing and recording their first album in 34 years. They are currently based in England, where Iommi is receiving treatment for cancer. Black Sabbath still plan to launch a world tour in May, including an appearance at June's Download festival. But it seems they will do so without Ward – who played on 10 of the band's first 11 albums.

Seems genuine

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/feb/06/black-sabbath-reunion-bill-ward

Black Sabbath's comeback will take place without Bill Ward. The metal legends have announced they are moving on without their original drummer, dismissing his complaints about the terms of their reunion.

In a statement on their website, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi hardly seemed sympathetic to Ward's grievances. "We were saddened to hear via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current [plans]," they wrote. "We have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open."

Though the specifics of the dispute have not been revealed, Ward has emphasised his interest in and commitment to the group – he simply has issues with the contract. "My position is not greed-driven," Ward wrote on Thursday. "I'm not holding out for a 'big piece' of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal … [just] a signable contract … that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band."

Fans have been vocal in their respect for Ward's decision. "Your support from across the world has given me further strength and hope for a positive resolve," Ward wrote on Saturday . "I have been moved and overwhelmed by the thousands of messages. I love you all."

Meanwhile, Osbourne, Butler and Iommi have begun writing and recording their first album in 34 years. They are currently based in England, where Iommi is receiving treatment for cancer. Black Sabbath still plan to launch a world tour in May, including an appearance at June's Download festival. But it seems they will do so without Ward – who played on 10 of the band's first 11 albums.

The split is genuine, and the first 2 statements from Bill are 100% genuine, the last one wasn't, it was just an April Fools piss take

The split is genuine, and the first 2 statements from Bill are 100% genuine, the last one wasn't, it was just an April Fools piss take
    ah right -the splits over the contract anyway .the bit about walking sharons dogs probably gives it away :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Such is the absurdity of the situation that i would quite easily have believed that statement until the date of its release was pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I really fucking hate that cunt Sharon Osbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lord lucan wrote: »
    Such is the absurdity of the situation that i would quite easily have believed that statement until the date of its release was pointed out.

I did believe it, posted it, then noticed date:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Sabbath have announced a small show in Birmingham later this month ahead of Download. Sadly there's still no word on Bill and Sharon is still doing her best to deflect criticism from her.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173263

Advertisement