Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath off again, on again??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

£61, it isnt much more than a lot of concerts.

Eric Clapton: £60
    Meat Loaf: £59.50
    Rod Stewart: £68!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah but those concerts shouldn't be £60 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have to say that what they have done with their official website is classless. Every non Ozzy album is now omitted from the band discography listing on their site, and the entire band history post Ozzy has been reduced to two sentences. And those two sentrences get followed by this comment -But when all was said and done, the classic lineup could not be bested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

What's more shocking is the removal of Bill Wards images.

Van Halen did the same on their site with Michael Anthony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

poundhound wrote: »
    What's more shocking is the removal of Bill Wards images.

That was at Bills request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Kess73 wrote: »
    Have to say that what they have done with their official website is classless. Every non Ozzy album is now omitted from the band discography listing on their site, and the entire band history post Ozzy has been reduced to two sentences. And those two sentrences get followed by this comment -But when all was said and done, the classic lineup could not be bested

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

It really is. Even one of the recent press releases which was going on about what songs they will play on the upcoming tour tried to distance the band name from the Dio years.

It is not as though anyone expects Ozzy to be able to sing any of the Sabbath stuff he was not involved with as he is not a good singer and the likes of Dio was, but the constant attempts at ignoring/insulting the band's overall history is pathetic.

The way some of the press releases and band comments sound, one would think that the band split up after Ozzy left and did nothing at all inbetween.

Given that the Osbourne tv show gets a glowing comment made about it in the history of the band section of the official site, I mean wtf has that got to do with Black Sabbath, I think it would not be too hard to guess who has a big say in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

totally agree with the above.

I am not going to buy their album or go see them as i have no remaining respect for them.

Spoilt fcuking children. Van halen are the same to me.

Disgusting to disrespect all the members they had over the years, if poor auld ronnie james was still alive he would have plenty to say about that!

Jesus even lars ulrich respects past members!

Take your 61 stg and divide it up into a few smaller gigs of more deserving talent.

A special Fcuk you to Sharon on this as no doubt she is driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I would agree whole-heartedly with the sentiment expressed toward $haron and the air-brushing of the band's history....but I still have to go. Thirty years on from my first Sabbath gig, got tickets for my second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

blastman wrote: »
    I would agree whole-heartedly with the sentiment expressed toward $haron and the air-brushing of the band's history....but I still have to go. Thirty years on from my first Sabbath gig, got tickets for my second.

RDS Gillan?

• Advertisement

It really is. Even one of the recent press releases which was going on about what songs they will play on the upcoming tour tried to distance the band name from the Dio years.

It is not as though anyone expects Ozzy to be able to sing any of the Sabbath stuff he was not involved with as he is not a good singer and the likes of Dio was, but the constant attempts at ignoring/insulting the band's overall history is pathetic.

The way some of the press releases and band comments sound, one would think that the band split up after Ozzy left and did nothing at all inbetween.

Given that the Osbourne tv show gets a glowing comment made about it in the history of the band section of the official site, I mean wtf has that got to do with Black Sabbath, I think it would not be too hard to guess who has a big say in the band.

Poor old Tony Martin. Airbrushed from history. They've got some new product to sell. Why dilute the brand by mentioning all line-ups?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What a f**king joke this band have become!!! I've being takin the p*** outta my mate for spending the money on travel and tickets to go see that bunch of old farts backed by a hired hand from RATM.

$haron and Ozzy have turned 'em into a laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Got some tickets for this this morning, took near half an hour in the ticket master online queue thing. Most expensive gig tickets I've ever bought but sure it has to be done really, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

ush wrote: »
    Poor old Tony Martin. Airbrushed from history. They've got some new product to sell. Why dilute the brand by mentioning all line-ups?

I've always wondered how iommi feels about all his music under the black sabbath name from 1983 - present (except dehumaniser on the recent heaven and hell tour) being completely ignored.

I've always wondered how iommi feels about all his music under the black sabbath name from 1983 - present (except dehumaniser on the recent heaven and hell tour) being completely ignored.

I'd say he knows the financial reality and is happy with the arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

RDS Gillan?

Dalymount Park Gillan :)

I'd say he knows the financial reality and is happy with the arrangement.

Idiot

Ozzy after announcing that he is back on the wagon since March 2013 and that he was on drugs and booze for 18 months prior to that.

Smacks of attention seeking tbh, and I follow expect his wife to be doing a round of the chat shows and cheap mags to flog her story of the fight to get her man clean again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ozzy after announcing that he is back on the wagon since March 2013 and that he was on drugs and booze for 18 months prior to that.

Smacks of attention seeking tbh, and I follow expect his wife to be doing a round of the chat shows and cheap mags to flog her story of the fight to get her man clean again.

I glimpsed one of the British red tops in the newsagent a few days ago that had a front page about the 2 of them living apart. My first thought was when's the tv show about their reconciliation? It's all a big joke at this stage.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I glimpsed one of the British red tops in the newsagent a few days ago that had a front page about the 2 of them living apart. My first thought was when's the tv show about their reconciliation? It's all a big joke at this stage.

Was on the Classic Rock website where I saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just seen it earlier in the Star or Sun and just thought of this thread

Iommi should just let Sabbath go at this stage. Getting $haron involved was always going to spell disaster.

Iommi should just let Sabbath go at this stage. Getting $haron involved was always going to spell disaster.

Iommi gave an interview to the Birmingham mail (and it was reproduced by Classic Rock online) the other day praising Ozzy as the reason why he found out he had cancer, and is also now claiming that he and Ozzy never fell out on a personal level at any point in his life and that he never stopped talking with Ozzy at any point either .

Seem to remember the battle for the Black Sabbath name getting quite nasty a few times, with comments being made by both sides that they were not speaking and were only communicating through lawsuits.

Also seem to remember it getting fairly personal during Dio's spells with Sabbath and also when Dio, Iommi etc were with Heaven And Hell.

Guess the media hype machine is well and truly in effect as a few of today's newspapers are running with the story of how Sharon told Ozzy to get off the booze or else.

Why use the actual music to push the new album, when it can instead be hyped with self promoting media shyte.

Of course given that I am typing about it would suggest that it is working. :D

Iommi gave an interview to the Birmingham mail (and it was reproduced by Classic Rock online) the other day praising Ozzy as the reason why he found out he had cancer, and is also now claiming that he and Ozzy never fell out on a personal level at any point in his life and that he never stopped talking with Ozzy at any point either .

Seem to remember the battle for the Black Sabbath name getting quite nasty a few times, with comments being made by both sides that they were not speaking and were only communicating through lawsuits.

Also seem to remember it getting fairly personal during Dio's spells with Sabbath and also when Dio, Iommi etc were with Heaven And Hell.

Guess the media hype machine is well and truly in effect as a few of today's newspapers are running with the story of how Sharon told Ozzy to get off the booze or else.

Why use the actual music to push the new album, when it can instead be hyped with self promoting media shyte.

Of course given that I am typing about it would suggest that it is working. :D

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Heard this on Today Fm last night. Nice guitar sound and riffs but really should a 60 year old man be exploring thoughts we all had when we were 12?

really the lyrics are nonsense and predictable and trying to shock. Pity.

buck65 wrote: »
    Heard this on Today Fm last night. Nice guitar sound and riffs but really should a 60 year old man be exploring thoughts we all had when we were 12?

really the lyrics are nonsense and predictable and trying to shock.
    Pity.

If he could hold a tune when he tries to sing, then the lyrics could be overlooked fairly easily imo.

Ozzy was never a good singer, but his singing on this is bottom of the barrel stuff even with studio help.

If he could hold a tune when he tries to sing, then the lyrics could be overlooked fairly easily imo.

Ozzy was never a good singer, but his singing on this is bottom of the barrel stuff even with studio help.

Ozzy Osbourne = the Tony Bennett of Heavy Metal. He sounds awful on the new track, even though the vocals are auto-tuned to f**k.

• Advertisement

buck65 wrote: »
    Nice guitar sound and riffs but really should a 60 year old man be exploring thoughts we all had when we were 12?

Thats pretty much all contemporary classic rock :D

Advertisement