Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win a free trip to Japan

• 10-10-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

I just came across this on Danny Choo's blog.
    the Japanese ministry of tourism is going to invite 10,000 foreigners to Japan - and pay for your travel.Applications will be done through the internets and folks will be invited during 2012. Applicants need to submit their travel plans for when they are in Japan and if the government thinks that you truly intend to visit (and not overstay as an illegal immigrant) then they will pay for your return ticket.
    The Japanese governments strategy for this plan is that they expect travelers to blog and use social media to spread the word about their experience in Japan which should hopefully lead to more folks visiting Japan.
    The amount of foreigners visiting Japan since the earthquake and nuclear accident has decreased a ton - some prefectures like Yamagata have experienced up to 80% drop in overseas visitors.
    The Japanese government is spending 1.1 billion yen on this project.
    Details on how to enter can be found here. I have entered myself, sure why not! I say give it a shot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

pretty cool thanks, how did you enter though; the link says 'I'll let you know when applications start'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I'll let you know when applications start'

Oh.... I think I missed that. :p I just commented on the blog post saying where I am from and where I would like to visit and when suited me.

I would maybe do that and keep on the eye on the link for the application. Sorry I missed that part.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the heads up Butterscotch :D

Definitely gonna give this a shot - shur might aswell!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I suppose I should too >_> Like hell you're off to glorious Nihon and not bringing me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

This thing is being pushed so hard by ex-pats over here. It's going to garner incredible publicity. I will be on to all my family and friends at home and forcing them to apply! Wonder what the criteria will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Definitely entering :) amazing plan really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

From the official site
    Recently a number of media outlets have publicized reports about ”Japan offering 10,000 free flights to foreigners”.  However, this initiative to be carried out from April 2012 onwards is still under examination for government budgetary approval and is at this moment undecided.

If the initiative is confirmed and put into operation, Japan Tourism Agency will officially announce details on this website.

Warning: There have been reports in some countries about acts of fraud related to this media report. The Japanese government has not committed to provide free flight tickets to Japan to anybody. Please be careful not to get caught up in this kind of fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oh well. April 2012 Suits me even better really... :P

Hope it does go ahead though. And they give away 100,000 flights instead.

Advertisement