Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs @ Discount store opening in Newbridge

Options
  • 10-10-2011 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

MrPrice discount store is opening where Chartbusters were in newbridge and has sign up looking for staff. They have a few stores around the place, sells usual discount store stuff (washing powder, sweets, toiletries etc etc) - not the most career advancing job - but lets not be too fussy these days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mackers91

Hi Maxer68, how do we go about applying for this job? is there an email address or do we have to drop it into the premises. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

There's a sign on the window - I didn't read it, so don't know the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

I just went to mrprice.ie and clicked careers and sent them a email with cv attached ..doubt anybody from the store would be in there when its been set up.

JeffK88 wrote: »
    I just went to mrprice.ie and clicked careers and sent them a email with cv attached ..doubt anybody from the store would be in there when its been set up.

they are very hands on operation (as are most companies these days - I get mistaken as a warehouse guy in my place sometimes!!) - I had to drop stuff in there and one of the guys behind the company was there getting down and dirty with boxes and stock. They also seem to have a manager already employed - and it looks like they are almost ready to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Another bloody pound shop in Newbridge

• Advertisement

No harm dropping one in to the store too ... the more pound shops the better ..whats wrong with discount stores ???

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

Well if what it says on the tin goes I'd be quite happy doing rest of my shopping there, lidl, adli etc why not make this your next store on shopping list

Received an email back from Mrprice.ie . They stated they are not opening a store in newbridge ... so what is that store then ??

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Received an email back from Mrprice.ie . They stated they are not opening a store in newbridge ... so what is that store then ??

Its the same guy that operates MrPrice in Carlow - so unless he has parted ways and is opening his own brand, but i doubt it.

I walked by it this morning and its almost fully stocked and possibly open at the weekend.

Old chartbusters, directly opposite garda station.

Have to wait and see i guess ....copying another companies name :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

must be ex employee or something. name seems to be "celebrations" and frankly it seems to be full of the same stuff as any other discount store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

maxer68 wrote: »
    must be ex employee or something. name seems to be "celebrations" and frankly it seems to be full of the same stuff as any other discount store.

Shopfront sign says "stationary". :rolleyes:

LOSERS.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Shopfront sign says "stationary". :rolleyes:

LOSERS.

A sign company makes a spelling error on one word on a multiple word sign and you then claim the business must be run by losers?

wow - hope you never apply for a job in my company (just about to advertise for 4 new permanent positions in logistics & technology) - I only accept positive people as employees. (hence we are flying along and adding staff)

Where are these jobs based and what kind of work is involved if you don't mind me asking .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

maxer68 wrote: »
    A sign company makes a spelling error on one word on a multiple word sign and you then claim the business must be run by losers?

wow - hope you never apply for a job in my company (just about to advertise for 4 new permanent positions in logistics & technology) - I only accept positive people as employees. (hence we are flying along and adding staff)

The "losers" tag isn't specifically directed at those running the business. However if it was my shop I'd insist on it being re-done. A sign company should be able to get the basics right - such errors are unprofessional and look very sloppy. If the management of Celebrations are happy to leave this in place then it reflects very poorly on them.

Leaving "positivity" aside for a minute - as an employer do you not think that attention to detail is important?

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    The "losers" tag isn't specifically directed at those running the business. However if it was my shop I'd insist on it being re-done. A sign company should be able to get the basics right - such errors are unprofessional and look very sloppy. If the management of Celebrations are happy to leave this in place then it reflects very poorly on them.

Leaving "positivity" aside for a minute - as an employer do you not think that attention to detail is important?

Your point was very blatant and quite insulting to a new business. Maybe you are the first person on earth not to ever make a mistake?

I'll be in the midst of adding an extra building to my business int eh enxt few weeks and I can assure you I will have alot more on my plate than checking that every word in my nameplate is 100% correct - if I do notice somethiung amiss, I give it the priority it requires - one word slightly incorrectly spelt would not be top of priorities.

As for my positions - I use an agency to fill them all as they have specific requirements.

Advertisement