Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Marketing

Options
  • 10-10-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience with any Email Marketing company's?

Currently looking to do some Email marketing.

Want to make it look professional, but not on a big budget.

How much should i be expecting to pay?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

drver1 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with any Email Marketing company's?

Currently looking to do some Email marketing.

Want to make it look professional, but not on a big budget.

How much should i be expecting to pay?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have setup a few email templates for people to send email campaigns and the price can vary a lot between different companies depends really on how elaborate you want your template.

I suggest you look after the content yourself if you are on a budget. It pretty straightforward to use the likes of campaign monitor. Cost is 5 dollars per campaign plus 1 cent per recipient so for example if I had 10,000 recipients the campaign would cost me 105 us dollars.

The reporting is very informative too.

Resellers will add on their own charges so it will generally cost at least double that per campaign.

You could also use mailchimp if your groups are smaller you can send up to 2,000 recipients for free if memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

A Email Marketing Company was onto me today,

€500 for design and €350 a month thereafter,

Thought that was a bit dear?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

hey I usually use the industry standard provider aweber for small business applications. Although it does have an annoying habit of sending optin messages to newly added contacts when you are trying to transfer them from your old email list. This can scare old clients that dont understand what the message means.

What I generally do if you have a small list is create an optinform on my website and manually add the names with the optin email turned off. (I know Michele will have choice words about list ethics and morality etc, but if your list was already optin then this should be fine).

Aweber has great services, pay only for the number of subscribers to your list and price starts at $20 per month. Great templates, easy to customise, As many optin forms as you like, tracks all your emails, and you dont have to pay for every email update.

You can sign up here:
    <snip - no affiliate links>

(full disclosure: this is an affiliate link if you click on it and sign up for the service I will profit. I have checked forum rules and affiliate links are not expressly forbidden in situations such as this, however if I have transgressed I apologise.)

If you do not wish me to profit then please click here:
    https://www.aweber.com/

Advertisement