Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for soffit lighting

Options
  • 10-10-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I am looking for recommendations for lighting the sofffit of my house to wash the wall below.
    What size fittings would you use ?
    What spacing between the fittings ?
    All replies will be considered !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

the most common form of downlighting from a soffet is done using pvc downlighters. the come in 3 main colours, black,whire and brown.
    they are available in gu-10 and low voltage and are available in tilt so you can angle the light down if on a sloped eaves.
    ive seen in some instnces where people have used ip rater downlight fittings and tbh they dont really stand up to the elements aswell as the pvc type.
    however the pvc type are not sealed so they can allow air to pass by them into the void, how important that is i dont know, as far as i know air circulating above the soffet is quite normal as they are usually vented anyway.

Advertisement