Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fit for windproof jacket

• 10-10-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Ok, so as previous thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356968&page=21 , i took the plunge and ordered up a Scott LTD windstopper jacket in XL. The wind was the main thing that got me last winter, especially on longer spins.

Now, having read the reviews I am aware that the fit is "atheltic", unlike me:cool:, but in all fairness, although slim fitting, it does fit me and will accommodate a base layer plus micro fleece underneath with plenty of room for me to move around. The arms and rear flap are also perfect length wise - i'm 6'11" so no worries there. For me, it's probably the snuggest top i have worn on a bike to date. Using a merino base layer and the micro fleece / altura air stream jacket underneath, i am hoping that this should get me over the worse of the winter, or am i being naive? Will use it for daily commuting and weekend spins. Anyone any feedback on fitting of these jackets generally, in other words if i need a thicker fleece, this would be a struggle to accommodate without looking too stretched.

Edit - wore this to work this morning, in heavy drizzle it performed really well, with just a base layer underneath I was nice and snug, so have high hopes for the codler mornings!

Advertisement