Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile internet on 3

Options
  • 10-10-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all. I have a Samsung Europa, and I recently switched to 3. For some reason I'm having a lot of problems with the mobile internet on the phone.. The first advice that Customer services give is to take the sim card out and put it back in again. I've done that before but it doesn't help at all.

Has anyone any suggestions or help? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you give a little more detail of your problem please?

I take it that none of the problems happen when using wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Well I switched only the other day, Saturday I think. And it was working fine then. I've got the right Access Point Name in, 3ireland.ie, I got that off customer services anyway. When I was on Meteor the internet would work perfectly fine with that, on the same phone :confused:
    Yeah, I've no problems with Wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You never said what problems your having though?

Are you on gsm or 3g network when the problem is happening

The internet's just not working. It says it is, but it doesn't work. I try to go to twitter or search something in Google, it says it's loading the whole time and after ages it just says "Cannot upload tweets at this time" as though it wasn't connected to the internet at all.
    3G, AFAIK. Thanks for your replies too, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

I would cancel your contract immediately and save yourself the time and hassle you will spend onto the call centre in India.

I'm with 3 six months now and what a nightmare. There is no way of speaking to somebody in Ireland. Setting up my email was unbelievable as they did not know how to do it, I had to find out how to do it on a forum. The standard answer for everything is take out the sim, blah, blah.

They cut me off from making outgoing calls while roaming last week with no warning. When I rang customer services from another phone and asked why I couldn't make outgoing calls the person asked me if I was calling from my 3 phone??? Then he asked if I had a mobile signal??? It turned out to be because my bill was high, even though they always get paid by DD.

Keep your sanity and if you value your time cancel now. I wish I could.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, sounds rough! =/ I'm only on Prepay myself, so I've got no contracts with them. The customer services number is freephone though, isn't it? 1913, is it? So far, it only seems that internet is the only problem. Hopefully there's just something that I don't fully understand about it, or have some settings wrong.

I rang customer services again just there (it was too late last night to right them when I started the thread). They're telling me to do a manual network search for when I've got a 2G network for the mobile internet. I do that often though, and it constantly changes between "3G", "H", and "E" (and maybe others that I'm forgetting). Is there any way I can stop it going to the 2G networks, does anyone know?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

On Nokia you can choose between GSM, 3G and Dual.
    Is there under Mobile Networks similar options?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

This post has been deleted.

Hi captain just wondering if you have the 3G only option on your samsung europa on 3 ? I cant find it anywhere on mine the phone holds on 3G signal and I have no problems but I would like to have a 3G only option when in a lower signal area :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

jay93 wrote: »
    Hi captain just wondering if you have the 3G only option on your samsung europa on 3 ? I cant find it anywhere on mine the phone holds on 3G signal and I have no problems but I would like to have a 3G only option when in a lower signal area :)
    Was it purchased from 3? They disable that option on the firmware supplied on their handsets.

You should be able to set it within Android itself, from the phone dialler type *#*#4636#*#* - anything you do within this menu, you do at your own risk. You're looking for the "WCDMA only" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jay93 wrote: »

I would advise against this being honest. The second you drop out of a 3g signal area you will be completely out of coverage, with no access to calls/texts.

I joined to 3 yesterday, and im having terrible trouble with accessing the net. I have a 3g signal(a weak one, but it's still 3g) and i get intermittent access to the net. It's a right pain in the hole being honest. I regret the change already:mad:

Advertisement