Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oven door not closing

• 10-10-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all,
    couldn't find an answer on the forum so here it is:
    I have a beko built in oven and as we use it we find out that the door does not fully close. there is a gap of approx half an inch, so the heat escapes. i can image that this is due to the fact that when we bake or roast, we put the tray on the open door (eg to check if the food is cooked). also, when the oven was brand new i was able to open the door half way and they'd stay like that. this is impossible now and the door opens fully now if i try to do this. i suppose that the problem are the hinges (but not sure, but that what Mr. Google tells me) can anyone please suggest something? what could this be? is there anything that could have bent when the weight was applied on the door? if so, can this be repaired?

don't really fancy spending money right now on the new oven.
    any help very much appreciated
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Had the same problem recently with a Belling oven door, you need new hinges. I'll PM you the name of the company I got the hinges from. Ordered them online and they were easy enough to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭tsuzmir

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Had the same problem recently with a Belling oven door, you need new hinges. I'll PM you the name of the company I got the hinges from. Ordered them online and they were easy enough to fit.
    Cheers Wyldwood, would be great if you could pm me the shop details. thx a mill.
    T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

PM sent yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭tsuzmir

Wyldwood wrote: »
    PM sent yesterday
    sorry man, but did not receive... is that due to the fact that im a noob and some forum options are not available yet... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭TheGrump

I had the same problem on my oven. I took off the door by unscrewing the hinges and found that one screw had broken and another screw was missing from the bottom hinge. There is no way I could see this until I took the door off. So if I were you I would take the door off and check the hinge fixings before buying a new hinge. It was a little fiddly but took 10 minutes and now the door is as good as new

• Advertisement
Advertisement