Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rma process with Hardwareversand??

Options
  • 11-10-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Well guys, it looks like half my build is going to have to go back to HWVS. I've been very unlucky it seems.

Corsair HX1050 - Loud Coil whine when moving mouse in a browser ??? and 3 D gaming. Told it was RMA'able but was going to try and get used to it to avoid the hassle and game with headset most of the time anyway.

Corsair H100 water cooler - Partial recall of units from a certain batch number if they have or develop certain faults. My unit is from the batch in question, does not have the faults (yet anyway) but has continuous pump noise like a continuous HDD read/write. Told this was an RMA'able fault but again to avoid hassle I thought I would try and live with it.

The final problem is the MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II. Its running insanely hot compared to other Twin Frozr II in benchmark suites and BC2 BF3 Beta and Deus-ex (ie. 90-100ºc) Told this was an RMA'able fault, possibly curable with new TIM but I don't want to kill the warranty.

If I am sending the card back to HWVS I might as well send theH100 cooler and the PSU back too.

So.......!!!

Can someone explain to me what I need to do to organise the RMA of these to HWVS. I guess this is where the language barrier really becomes a problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

phone them. the language barrier is only there on Sunday's.

they speak very good English and you'll only take a few min to get it sorted. someone from DHL will pick the stuff up from your house and you won't need any stickers or anything outside of a copy of your receipt in the box with them. (or just a copy of the page with those specific parts) I left a note in German and English about problems with the parts. (the German translation from Google translate, and I noted that in the letter)

have your order number handy and just hold the phone till a human starts speaking German. Important note: she usually sounds really hot.

Sounds like you got unlucky with the h100 and the gtx580. I read about that recall earlier. I believe the coil whine is a common problem on that specific PSU.

Advertisement