Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business opportunity

Options
  • 11-10-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all

I have been contacted by an old land lord of mine in the Limerick City area and I have been offered a store outlet at a very reasonable rent agreement,basically my old land lord has a vacant lot and would prefer it being used other than it sitting idle.

I have been hungry to start up my own business in the recent years and I see this as an ideal opportunity with the economy the way it is to start up my own business.

I have 6 years past experience in management so I have no problem running stores customers service after sale service etc..... what I am actually wanting to do is get feed back on what to actually put into this vacant lot.(i.e...product,different types of store etc.....)

Any ideas any feed back am I even waisteng my time.

Im opening the floor to any ideas...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

how big is it

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

small/Average size store exact square footage i need to get from the landlords property description.But it would be the size of lets say .....a small subway sandwich store...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Are you sure your getting as good a deal as you think ?

Landlords everywhere are slashing the hell out of rents, I've heard of landlords letting small units rent free where a row of units are empty just to generate an interest in the adjoining units.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Hammertime wrote: »
    Are you sure your getting as good a deal as you think ?

Landlords everywhere are slashing the hell out of rents, I've heard of landlords letting small units rent free where a row of units are empty just to generate an interest in the adjoining units.

Where are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

I cant answer for other land lords offering offering free rent in the limerick all I can answer for is my own situation and it is really reasonable and its not in an area of town where most of the streets are closed it on an active street with 1000+ foot fall a day...even more ....any ideas or advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

just be very aware that rent is not the only thing to consider in a retaill business.

You MUST have trade. I used to have a store in a medium size town and when the lease break came up I was gone. Landlord offered huge reduction in rent for me to stay on, however as the trade was not there, it simply did not make sense even if the rent was free.

1. - Most important, Turn of stock. - If stock is not refreshed with new stock the store becomes stale.
    2. - Rates.
    3. Staffing costs
    4. Stock costs.

In todays retail market, the ones spending are female 40+ and a tight market in the mid 20's to early 30's who do not have a mortgage.

Students - no part-time jobs
    Young people - 22% unemployment
    30-40 age group - high mortgage + children

Advertisement