Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dried logs or cured logs

Options
  • 11-10-2011 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Will be getting a sealed fire installed next friday, no more coal or chimney drafts for me!

On that note we'll only be using briquettes or dried out logs from here on in. I have enough to get me started for the next few weeks but I reckon we'll need to order fairly quick if this bad snap is coming, so on that note.

Does anyone of have any details on deals for hardwood that have been dried for a min of 1 year preferably 2. Cured logs seem to be expensive but happy to hear those too. South West Dublin for me

Cheers
    hick :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

hick wrote: »
    Does anyone of have any details on deals for hardwood that have been dried for a min of 1 year preferably 2. Cured logs seem to be expensive but happy to hear those too. South West Dublin for me

Cheers
    hick :D
    I am not sure what you mean by cured? Logs are cut green and then split and dried.
    When buying timber for burning it is more common to buy by moisture content (MC) under 20% is best.
    I very much doubt that after the last two winters you will find some well seasoned wood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You mean kiln dried logs.
    Lots of them for sale on Done Deal in the heating section.Ton bags and large crates of kiln dried logs for well under 100 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

A composting toilet would be your best bet for dried out logs.

Advertisement