Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure of St Bridget's Nursing home, Crooksling.

Options
  • 11-10-2011 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

We have a family member who has lived in this home since 2000. We found out it is closing down on the six o clock news today. I think it is an absolute disgrace that we found out this devastating news through the media. Surely family should have been informed first?

It is a beautiful location but it is old. Moving our relative could have an awful affect on them. Such a shame.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

poppet84 wrote: »
    We have a family member who has lived in this home since 2000. We found out it is closing down on the six o clock news today. I think it is an absolute disgrace that we found out this devastating news through the media. Surely family should have been informed first?

It is a beautiful location but it is old. Moving our relative could have an awful affect on them. Such a shame.

Its not really the right forum for this thread op. I don't really know where its better suited and i don't think its doing any harm but you probably won't get many replies. For what its worth - i agree its been handled badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Yeh I was wondering where to put this as it's a bit hard to know what it would fit into! I just figured long term illness as that's what the patients would be under but you're right! Thanks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mommalove

:mad: Yep , it made em pretty darned angry too, I have been lucky enough to work there for over twenty years. its heart breaking to listen to the patients say they do not want to leave. It was hard enough for them to settle in here, but its their home now, surrounded by beautiful trees and hills, it will be a bit of a come down to have a multi storey flat complex, a luas and traffic almost 24 hours a day.So So Sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ltech

I have an Auntie there and the staff are absolutely beautiful to these patients. They have given my Mam and her sister's great comfort in the knowing their sister is taken care of so well.There is lovely grounds for patients to walk around, which is needed when that is the only place they see, some of them for the rest of their lives. It's so sad to see the anguish this MOVE would put the patients through. I hope there is a resolution and everyone can stay where they are happy!

Thanks to the woman that works there, lets live in hope that this will be overturned!!

Regards
    Lisa Curran

Advertisement