Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Supplies...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭zg3409

I was looking to get oil recently but I see the Irish price is dropping.

One thing I found great is to get an electronic oil level gauge. These give you 2+ months warning to get oil so you are unlikely to run low or run out. It also allows you to shop around or delay for better price.

I believe the cost of wood pellets has shot up due to supply demand and limited supply. Oil/ gas is hardly cheap either.

In terms of solid fuel stove I switched an open fireplace to a stove and it was a great success. You need to be home daytime to light it and it's a part time hobby, but the amount of heat versus an open fire is night and day. The wood needs to be very small to fit in. The knack to getting them going well is full blast at the start to get the chimney up to temperature, then adjust settings for efficiency and you don't use much fuel. I bought a magnetic thermometer to attach to chimney which shows when stove is efficient based on chimney temperature.

Advertisement