Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Visa

Options
  • 11-10-2011 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Is there anyway of extending a 3month holiday visa for oz? or even returning to oz within the 12month period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yes you can extend it once for another 3 months as long as it doesn't have 8503 condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Yes you can extend it once for another 3 months as long as it doesn't have 8503 condition.

Whats this?

It's a 'No Further Stay' condition, it means you can't apply for any other visa while onshore (except a protection visa).

The main aim is to prevent people coming on a tourist visa with the intention of applying for another visa while onshore eg. 2nd Tourist visa, Student visa, Spouse visa, Sponsorship etc.

Sometimes the first holiday visa does not have a 8503 but the extension will for sure.

Just spoke with visa fiirst and they told me that they can give me a 6 month visa, they said there tourist visa is valid for a 12month period and on the 6 month one, you can return straight away after the 6months are up just cant stay any more than the 12months.

Just spoke with visa fiirst and they told me that they can give me a 6 month visa, they said there tourist visa is valid for a 12month period and on the 6 month one, you can return straight away after the 6months are up just cant stay any more than the 12months.

I think the 3 month one is free, 6 month one is $100+. How much is VF quoting?

• Advertisement

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I think the 3 month one is free, 6 month one is $100+. How much is VF quoting?

€45 for 3month and €150 for 6month, but i know a travel agencie that said they wont charge for the 3 month, dont know if they can do the 6month visa.

I think you can do it yourself on immi.gov.au , the only thing is the extension is like $250 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

avoid VF always - Honestly you fill out the exact same info to them as doing it yourself

hussey wrote: »
    avoid VF always - Honestly you fill out the exact same info to them as doing it yourself

To avoid me doing some rooting;), can i apply for a 6month tv by doing it myself?

Edit, didnt have to to much rooting;), 676 visa allows me to apply for 3/6/12 months

When applying for this visa, once approved, i presume that the lenght of time that you have on the visa does not kick in until you actually land in oz?, so can i apply for it now even though i am not going until Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

To avoid me doing some rooting;)

When you land in Australia, don't use the word rooting like that ;)

hussey wrote: »
    When you land in Australia, don't use the word searching like that ;)

Is this ok:D
    When applying for this visa, once approved, i presume that the lenght of time that you have on the visa does not kick in until you actually land in oz?, so can i apply for it now even though i am not going until Feb.

I have been told that this is the case, that the visa does not start until it is stamped at the airport. correct?

Advertisement