Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code Tamper Fault?

Options
  • 11-10-2011 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, am new to this but need advice on my alarm system if possible.

I was in the house last night, it was very windy as my house is caught in a cross wind. The alarm went off at 9:30 I assumed it was the wind and turned it off however the panel and the text from the text dialler said Code Tamper.

There was noone in the house only me and my son who was in bed and it definitely wasn't me at it.

I have tried google but cannot find any reason as to why a code tamper would come up without someone being at the code?

Can anyone advise and stop me going a little bit crazy please? :eek:

Thanks,
    Michelle.

ETA it is a HKC Alarm with a text dialler. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you have difficulty turning the alarm off.
    Code tamper would generally indicate an incorrect code had been entered a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mobrien2

Hi Koolkid,

No it turned off straight away when I entered by code.
    That's all i'm getting on google aswell yet there was noone there.

Could it be a delayed message? would that happen? if my son had pressed it earlier in the day would it have went off then later?

Perhaps it's time for someone to call out and look at it, although it's only in 2.5years.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its a strange one so. Have you looked at the log?
    Is there any other event besides code tamper and disarm?

how do I look at the event log? Not sure how to do that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Enter your user code and scroll using # & * .

• Advertisement

when I enter my user code it sets the alarm. Will have a look for the manual now and see can I get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

mobrien2 wrote: »

ETA it is a HKC Alarm with a text dialler. Thanks

Do you have a GSM unit installed using a SIM card or is it a DMTC land line?

when I enter my user code it sets the alarm. Will have a look for the manual now and see can I get into it.

Your code is not set up with any access permissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

how do I look at the event log? Not sure how to do that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

If it was set up by your installer, on your keypad enter 0*2 user code (Put in your phone number), press yes. This should send the last 7 logged events to your phone as a text.

Advertisement