Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullfighting

• 11-10-2011 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Was on facebook and randomly clicked a youtube vid about a bullfight where the matador got gored. Which led me to clicking onto more vids about the "sport". I really wish I hadn't. I never really knew much about the amount of suffering the beast goes through to reach it's inevetable end. It's really tear jerking and stomach wrenching.

The bulls are operating on pure instinct and fight until they just cant. Even then they are not given a quick death, the matador steps back admires his handy work while the bull lies bleeding and wide eyed. I was at work watching this and nearly had to go to the toilet as I thought I was going to start sobbing.

Is this still legal in this day and age? I am not posting any link as I would not wish what i just saw on my worst enemy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

OP... totally agree with you, its a horrendous sport (if you can call it that) both for the bull and the matador.

Whats worse is the bull in many cases is actually drugged prior to a fight, so doesnt even have his full factiltes.... then the poor thing is forced into a ring and small spears are thrown onto its back... until after much suffering a small blade is insterted into its brian.... of course after the animals suffers terribley first....with regard to the matador getting hurt, while i hate to see anyone hurt.....he makes his choice to enter the ring, he knows the risk involved....the poor bull has no option but to fight ......all be it drugged..... barbaric sport

its a disgraceful sport and all for human entertainment.... like you i just cannot understand how its still legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Funny enough, I have just been talking with one of my colleagues whose gf is from spain. She is of the mind that it is some kind of cultural art form??!! Wtf? So if for example I got a load of seal pups into the Croke park tomorrow night, decided to torture and then skin them, then say I am declaring it a national past time/cultural art form it's ok?

I say give the bull its full facilities, natural aggression and sharp mind vs one matador (as they usually have an army of them waiting in the wings) then we would have a fair fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Funny enough, I have just been talking with one of my colleagues whose gf is from spain. She is of the mind that it is some kind of cultural art form??!! Wtf? So if for example I got a load of seal pups into the Croke park tomorrow night, decided to torture and then skin them, then say I am declaring it a national past time/cultural art form it's ok?

I say give the bull its full facilities, natural aggression and sharp mind vs one matador (as they usually have an army of them waiting in the wings) then we would have a fair fight.

i agree.... its actully quiet disturbing realisiing that many humans are still sooo ignorant and still live in the "Colesseum" era back in Rome.... how can people be soo ignorant, i just cannot understand.

National past time my ass... im sorry thats just an excuse to keep a barbaric sport alive....

I too work with a girl from Madrid... and bull fighting horrifies her.... maybe its lack of eductaion.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

As per the charter "No discussing illegal or violent activities" this falls under violent activities so please do not discuss bloodsports

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement