Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What stores does Ireland need?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

More TGI's Captain America's and Nando's, Graduates like myself are gonna need some sort of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Agree on Backwerk, Germany is full of chain bakeries too, I'm not keen on chains but I am on bakeries.

Also in Germany there are a proliferation of little Italian-run pizzareas where you can get a proper "real" Maragerrita for €3.50 and this is true of every German city I've been in. Can you imagine proper pizza for 3.50 in Ireland? Instead we have to have horrible Dominos etc. chain pizza for over double the money.

Don't get me started on those, they're usually ten times better than dominoes. It's also nice going to a restaurant and knowing you won't be spending more than a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Only one other person said Target, very surprised!

FAO Schwarz (especially if they leave grown ups play on the piano keys)

Coles supermarket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Shake Shack...... nom nom nom nom nom
    Can you imagine proper pizza for 3.50 in Ireland? Instead we have to have horrible Dominos etc. chain pizza for over double the money.

To be fair now, there's a few decent enough pizzeria's in Dublin (other cities not so much) where a izza is 7-8 euro. If you're resorting to Dominos you need a head check. Even those frozen Chicago Town pizzas are better.
    Rud wrote: »
    Also a large decent theme park would be class

Doubt we have a big enough population to sustain one unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

I'd love to see a decent Tim Horton's available here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Actually, a fnac would be nice!
    (They're giant CD/DVD/book/media stores in France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Morrocco and Taiwan that usually are spread over two or three floors, or take up an entire floor of a shopping centre. HMV has nothing on them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Shake Shack...... nom nom nom nom nom

To be fair now, there's a few decent enough pizzeria's in Dublin (other cities not so much) where a izza is 7-8 euro. If you're resorting to Dominos you need a head check. Even those frozen Chicago Town pizzas are better.

Doubt we have a big enough population to sustain one unfortunately.

Shake Shack is gorgeous, love the one in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Cinnabon, YES!
    Shake Shack, YES!

Hubby flies home from the ME in two weeks, and has already got orders to pick up some cinnamon rolls at the airport..nom nom nom
    Now if only i could get him to carry a chicken fajita meal with all the trimmings from On The Border, id be made up! :o
    All i miss from the ME is food....and a bit of sun.

A decent mexican grill like On The Border would be brilliant.

Or
    Chillis
    Tony Roma's
    Zyng Asian Grill
    Marble Slab/Cold Stone Creamery
    A middle eastern/lebanese restuarant - shawarmas, yum!
    And the most amazing cafe in Dubai, mOre Cafe, OMG what i wouldnt give for one of their chicken caeser salads with pesto bread...:(

Store wise, i loved Borders bookstore. Probably the Starbucks of bookshops, but i still loved it.
    American Eagle
    GAP(i know we did have one in Dublin, has it closed down?)
    Lakeland
    Peacocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Cinnabon
    Coldstone Creamery - gotta love the guys firing ice cream all over the shop!
    Carrefour

WAITROSE!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

More Euroland/Euro stores, more Cash for Gold stores.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

We need a Five Guys here, http://www.fiveguys.com/.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

nicechick! wrote: »
    I'd love to see a decent Tim Horton's available here

There turkey bacon club is to die for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Has anyone said Chipotle yet? Yumtastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Head shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Some decent Burger places.

Like In n' Out Burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Greggs is a Scottish baker chain, normally known as Greggs of Rutherglen, wouldnt mind one of these in Galway, you cant beat the Bridie pastry which you cannot get here. Also wouldnt mind a Scottish fish and chip shop too as there aint nothing quite like Scottish fish and chips, uniquely an Italian / Scottish cross-over type of business establishment. I thought the idea would have took off in areas in Ulster such as Donegal and Cavan with strong Scottish connections, it just does not taste the same here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Taco Bell is rank. Chipolte ain't that good either. Qdoba, el pollo loco, baja fresh, poquito taco, rubio's and even del taco are way better. Small local tacqerias like El Cotixan are what I'd love to see over here. Need to start importing more Mexicans. Feck all of us here to set up small restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Hooters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

VenusPlays wrote: »
    Only one other person said Target, very surprised!

FAO Schwarz (especially if they leave grown ups play on the piano keys)

Coles supermarket

Just bought a large Thermos ($18.85) in Target tonight. Open 'til 10 and some great stuff in a one stop shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What I'd love is something like Brick Lane in London where you can easily find an Indian restaurant where it only costs about 8 euro for a lunch or evening main course.

The value at Brick Lane is unreal. Myself and my girlfriend were there last Christmas and we got a starter, main course and 2 beers each for...25 euro.

For some reason, our Indian restaurants are way over priced in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Olive Garden & Taco Bell would be nice.

We need Metro/Makro group to break the Musgrave monopoly on the wholesale side of things.

Auchan to put the supermarkets to the sword.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

foxyboxer wrote: »
    The Complaint Shop.

Pay €5 for 10 minutes. or €10 for 20 minutes.

Someone will sit, listen and nod in agreement as you spout off about, the banks, immigants, bertie, jedward, religions etc etc.
    That's not an argument !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

robbie_998 wrote: »
    24 hour piss up establishment

or a proper jazz bar / blues bar (24 hour) (not gypsy rose.....it smells like pee)

Smyths on Aungier St? The Blue Note on Capel St?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

ScumLord wrote: »
    I wouldn't be all that excited to see any of the big international chains coming to Ireland. The UK is a bland sea of chain stores, pubs and restaurants. Whenever I travel throughout the UK it feels like I haven't moved at all because everywhere you go it's the exact same shops in the exact same buildings.

Coffeeshops I'm all for though.

This is true, however they do keep prices down. Can't wait until the Wetherspoons 99p January sale...

My suggestion would be a Vegas-style Duelling Piano bar. I've never understood why nowhere in Europe seems to have one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Cosi sandwich shops. http://www.getcosi.com/

Every day for lunch whilst working in NY. Flatbread sandwiches......... mmmmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

From the US:

Target
    Walgreens
    Rite Aid
    Macy's
    In and Out

And a Carrefour or four (France).

Shake Shack is gorgeous, love the one in Waterford.

Very much doubt we're thinking of the same Shake Shack :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Not a Store . But Dublin needs an Underground train System

WIZE wrote: »
    Not a Store . But Dublin needs an Underground train System

It doesn't really to be honest. We don't have a high enough population density to fully support one either.

What we do need are more QBCS and more express buses, they would be a far better investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Don Quixote, the japanese discount shop!

I was in one in tokyo, bought a samurai sword, some cheese, an octopus snack, an inflatable doll and some pyjamas....the place is hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Drive thru ATMs - Handy

Get yourself a JCB digger and every ATM becomes drive thru :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Cheesecake factory
    Do they have outlets anywhere outside the U.S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ireland could use a Saturn/Fnac and a German Pizzeria :D Pizza for 3.99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Denny's.

Dennys hash browns mmmmm Although some of the things on their breakfast menu are very wrong.

We also need a Victoria's Secret

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

happypants wrote: »
    Denny's.

We also need a Victoria's Secret
    I second Victoria's Secrets. And Whittards of Chelsea for their white chocolate hot chocolate. I order from both online and the shipping costs add a fair bit to the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Hooters

Advertisement