Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of an Opera Singer. I have very few details :(

Options
  • 11-10-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey, apologies in advance, I am really stretching with this one.

I was listening to lyric fm nearly two years ago at this stage :( It was Miriam O Callaghans show I think? She was playing music from a French Opera Singer (female) that had just been released. She said that the singer worked with someone who was an ex French rock star.

The music was kind of contemporary Opera music.

Is there any chance anyone knows the name based on the scattering of information above. I had it wrote down and intended to buy an album (even phoned HMV to order it in. I think they forgot) but I never got around to it.

Thanks allot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

It just came to me, as these things do, I knew it was burried in my memory somewhere there.
    Just so no one waste there time trying to throw guesses based on the random information posted above.

It was Emma Shapplin, it was one of the songs off Carmine Meo. Will definitely follow up on it this time.

She is worth checking out...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Shapplin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

It just came to me, as these things do, I knew it was burried in my memory somewhere there.
    Just so no one waste there time trying to throw guesses based on the random information posted above.

It was Emma Shapplin, it was one of the songs off Carmine Meo. Will definitely follow up on it this time.

She is worth checking out...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Shapplin
    Worth "checking out" indeed! :pac:

604px-Emma_Shapplin_4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Hahhaha... I didnt think Id get a reply like that in the Classical music forum. She is nice looking, but she still is really talented tho:D

Advertisement