Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos, Navan Rd. behind Cabra Library - is it open yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

No Pharmacy on the store plan in the booklet but could be a small counter like in Finglas that does Solpadeine etc, It has a Cafe so McD's might suffer a bit.
    It has an electrical area also, so sounds like a smaller version of Clearwater.
    370 parking spaces, Christmas traffic is going to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Just beside Millenium, it looks like there is a pedestrian entrance into Tescos. So hopefully the shops in the Maple Centre will get some passing trade. I'd probably still go into Spar, for the milk/papers. That was the problem about Prussia St. There was no newsagent section. I'm wondering if the new Tescos will sell papers/magazines.
    You're right about the traffic, it will be a nightmare passing by the library. Well maybe the library will get new customers too!

Just beside Millenium, it looks like there is a pedestrian entrance into Tescs. So hopefully the shops in the Maple Centre will get some passing trade. I'd probably still go into Spar, for the milk/papers. That was the problem about Prussia St. There was no newsagent section. I'm wondering if the new Tescos will sell papers/magazines.
    You're right about the traffic, it will be a nightmare passing by the library. Well maybe the library will get new customers too!

The Magazine section is first thing inside the door with Customer Service Desk just to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

No1J wrote: »
    It has a Cafe so McD's might suffer a bit.
    If it's anything like the cafe that was in Clearwater Tesco then McDonalds will actually do well out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I don't think so... O'Briens will still get custom as their selection and price is better than Tesco 99% of the time; McDonalds... well, there's no accounting for taste; Millennium is a solid and old Chinese; the chemist is not threatened (unless this Tesco is one of the new ones with a pharmacy - but I don't think it is); Iceland has its unique customer.

Am I forgetting something?

Clearly Spar may be in trouble, but I think they may get enough of a drop in custom to survive (for now).

Tesco have far better deals than O'Brians,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hootanany wrote: »
    Tesco have far better deals than O'Brians,
    I'd have to disagree with that. Wine selection is a million times better and you're paying similar prices in O'Briens for a better bottle of wine.
    Also, spirits in O'Briens can be much better value - litres on special for €20 at the moment for example. Won't get that in Tesco.

Also, their reward card is great.

Have to disagree Tesco have a 2 for a tenner Shiraz buy six get 5 percent off
    So 6 bottles about 28€ same in O'Brians about €50 odd

Have to disagree Tesco have a 2 for a tenner Shiraz buy six get 5 percent off
    So 6 bottles about 28€ same in O'Brians about €50 odd
    Not the same quality though... but this is a digression :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Also, spirits in O'Briens can be much better value - litres on special for €20 at the moment for example. Won't get that in Tesco.

Spirits are on offer at the moment in Tesco starting from 20 up to 25.

Also, this shop is opening tomorrow!

Can we all wait til 8am tomorrow? The excitement is getting to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm writing this from a tent outside the shop, its so exciting. First one in the door wins what I wonder ?? :)

My, you are dedicated! Let us know how it goes! I've decided I'm going to avoid the area until it al calms down a bit.

Are you a reporter or are you hoping to get a bargain of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

My, you are dedicated! Let us know how it goes! I've decided I'm going to avoid the area until it al calms down a bit.

Are you a reporter or are you hoping to get a bargain of some sort?

I was joking.....its only Tesco ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Iceland has its unique customer.

In their customised tracksuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Any body have the opening hours for the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Bummer1234 wrote: »

It's a non 24 hours store last time I was told, so maybe something like;

• 8am-7pm Mon - Thursday
    • 8am-9pm Fri - Sat
    • 8am-6pm Sunday

Bummer1234 wrote: »

8am - 10pm mon-sat
    10am - 8pm sun.

Was in today for a look, a bit smaller than I thought it would be but laid out well.

I think the 8am opening time is a bit late for anyone trying to travel to work. I often call in to Tescos in Prussia St. as they are open at 7am. If you have to wait til 8 am, then you get caught in the mad traffic around the schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Bump, For those living in the area look out for more €10 off vouchers coming our way soon, don't know when but I can see a "Happy new year to all our customers" campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

nudger wrote: »
    Bump, For those living in the area look out for more €10 off vouchers coming our way soon, don't know when but I can see a "Happy new year to all our customers" campaign.

Got mine in work on Friday. €10 off when you spend €40, its two vouchers, one for this week and one for next week.

• Advertisement

Dancor wrote: »

Got mine in work on Friday. €10 off when you spend €40, its two vouchers, one for this week and one for next week.
    I didn't realise it's the first carbon neutral Tesco in the country. They put up new signage last week

You don't by any chance work in a printing company.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was in there before Christmas and was really disappointed. Was expecting a store along the lines of Clearwater, bright and spacious. I thought it was very cramped and felt like a much older store.

How do you get the vouchers

I just knew that they were printed last week and expected them to be sent out in the post like the last time, was in there yesterday and there was no sign of then being handed out.

You don't by any chance work in a printing company.;)

Nope
    How do you get the vouchers

As I said I got them in work. They were on the counters in our canteens. Id imagine they are all gone now.

Nope

As I said I got them in work. They were on the counters in our canteens. Id imagine they are all gone now.

And you could grab a handful if you wanted to?

Nope

And you could grab a handful if you wanted to?

I took two on Friday.

One coupon per customer, so last night me and the misses grabbed separate trollies and got €40 quids or more worth of stuff each so we could use both vouchers. If we had of got our usual €100 worth of stuff in the same trollie we would have only got a tenner off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I just knew that they were printed last week and expected them to be sent out in the post like the last time, was in there yesterday and there was no sign of then being handed out.

Got some in the post yesterday. Don't know why they were targetting customers as far out as Clonee/Ongar. Surely we'd shop in Roselawn/Blanchardstown Tesco or the countless Dunnes/Lidls in between rather than traipsing all the way in there:confused:

• Advertisement

Buddy came through for me this morning, hand full of vouchers for the next few weeks.:)

Advertisement