Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Market

Options
  • 11-10-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I know it is over 2 months away but:

Does anyone know if the christmas market in cork city will be going ahead this year? it seemed to be a success last year. although I found there were more food stalls than anything else.

It would be great to have a bigger emphasis on local crafts and gift ideas.

I have already seen all the christmas stock in some of the larger store and it is all the same gift sets as last year.

I'd love to get some more unusal gifts for people then the hot choclate mug set and the nandos spicy chicken set that seems to dominate the larger department stores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

Pretty sure it is.
    Cork City Council issued this contract tender document.

Cork City Council is seeking proposals for the design, sourcing and management of an outdoor festive installation within the Cork City Centre called ‘A Christmas Celebration on the Grand Parade’.
    Christmas on the Grand Parade a 15 day festival held over four weekends in the lead-in to Christmas which attracts up to 150,000 people into Cork City.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=AUG259435

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Pretty sure it is.
    Cork City Council issued this contract tender document.

Cork City Council is seeking proposals for the design, sourcing and management of an outdoor festive installation within the Cork City Centre called ‘A Christmas Celebration on the Grand Parade’.
    Christmas on the Grand Parade a 15 day festival held over four weekends in the lead-in to Christmas which attracts up to 150,000 people into Cork City.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=AUG259435

Some UK company got the gig apparently.

Advertisement