Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone due June 2012

• 11-10-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Am I the first? Got positive test last week, feels like a month ago! Can't sleep with excitement/nerves etc. Had m/c last year so hoping this will be the one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm TTC and if I'm preg on this cycle I'll be due July... so can't join you but big congrats to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congratulations Sally! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sally2006

Thanks guys. Best of luck Mink!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Congratulations Sally! :D

WHOPPS QUOTED THE WRONG QUOTE - '' PREGNANCY BRAIN'' HA HA....

Congrads Sally, I'm due end of May start of June :D.... I'm seven and half weeks (it sounds longer with the half ha ha ) I'm on another tread April 2012/May 2012 :D

I know the feeling.. I had adredine going around my body for literally 24 hours, I couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't believe it :eek:, shocked, happy, scared.. ahh congrads again..

PS: How far are you gone Sally?

Hi cocoemma, I'm 5 and a half weeks, the half makes all the difference! Congrats to you. Just told a pal in work coz I'm going to burst if I don't tell someone. Finding it so hard to keep my mouth shut.

Have scan next Wednesday, but really dreading it coz it's the scan that I found out I'd m/c'd last time. If I get that out of the way I'll chill a bit.

Is this your first?

• Advertisement

Sally2006 wrote: »
    Hi cocoemma, I'm 5 and a half weeks, the half makes all the difference! Congrats to you. Just told a pal in work coz I'm going to burst if I don't tell someone. Finding it so hard to keep my mouth shut.

Have scan next Wednesday, but really dreading it coz it's the scan that I found out I'd m/c'd last time. If I get that out of the way I'll chill a bit.

Is this your first?

Thank you Sally.. ha ha yes The ''half'' makes a huge difference ha.. oh god roll on 12 weeks cuz i'm the same i just want to tell everyone, Oh i told my friend in work yesterday I couldn't keep it in anymore, thank god someone knows in work :) ..

Best of luck with the scan, everything will be ok, exactly once it's done you can relax :).. i'm nervous about my 12 weeks scan, I'm looking forward to it but scared at the same time it makes it real even with feeling like i do.. MS creeped up on me last week, not vomiting yet just sick and hungary at the same time!

Sickness is good! I know it doesn't feel like it but it's defo good. Only symptom I have is sore boobs. I keep prodding them to make sure they're still sore! There's a whole lot of crazy going on in my head :D

Yeah waiting until the 12 week mark is going to be like an eternity! Fingers crossed we'll get there unscathed. x

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sickness is good! I know it doesn't feel like it but it's defo good. Only symptom I have is sore boobs. I keep prodding them to make sure they're still sore! There's a whole lot of crazy going on in my head :D

Yeah waiting until the 12 week mark is going to be like an eternity! Fingers crossed we'll get there unscathed. x

Dont worry about lack of symtoms. I have had zero sickness and my sore boobs disappeard at 5 weeks, I was convinced that something had gone wrong, but my scan at 7+4 showed two little heartbeats. :) Exactly 2 weeks on from that, I only have a bit of tiredness to show for a symptom.
    PS:
    Doh! Congratulations!!!!!

OMG! Twins, wow that must've been a nice surprise! Congrats to you.
    Good to know I'm not alone on the symptom front.

no sickness is good too Sally, try not to worry :) everyone is different and every pregnancy is different.. this is my first so i'm new to this and just repeating what i have read and been told I only started to feel unwell last week and i'm eating every two to three hours, omg the boobs soreness is mad i have to take off my bra every night after work..

omg i know but i'm sure it'll fly in, i marking each day on the calender with my marker ha ha..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Twirls

I'm another one who's due in June. Freaking out a bit but really happy. Seems very surreal so far.

Welcome Twirls, congrats!

How many weeks are you? Is this your first? I'm still getting used to the idea, we were ttc for 5 years, so absolutely over the moon.

I'm only 4 and a half weeks. It's our first too. We're a bit shocked, only just started to try and really didn't think it would happen immediately.

That's great, best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snabe

hi all

i'm also due June 2012. i'll be 5 weeks tomorrow and it came as a complete shock to us! not planned, but i am happy about it and it's slowly sinking in. i'm slightly overwhelmed by the whole thing at the moment!

Hi Snabe, congrats! Here's to a happy and healthy 8 months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi There

I am only in my 7th week at the mo (I'm due 1st week in June) but I'm already freaking myself out... I've had 2 emotional outburts first one was last week when I woke up and all my "pregnant feelings" has gone i.e sore boobs, stomach flutters.. They returned back the next day thank god! The second one was yesterday when after lunch I developed a stitch like pain in the lower left part of my stomach.. Every pain or twinge I'm feeling upsets me so much because obviously it's my first time and I don't know what feelings are normal and what aren't.... Theres no blood spotting at all but I also haven't had any morning sickness...Is it just me freaking myself out or does every first timer feel like this at the start, My first appointment with the hospital isn't until the 22nd November

Hi Poncho,

Congrats! I know the feeling, I'm worried when I feel twinges, worried when I don't and I'm a second timer! At the moment I feel like I'm about to get a period at any moment. Dull cramping feeling, keep going to the loo to check. I'm only 6 weeks tomorrow but have an early scan next week as I had a m/c last year.

How are you feeling today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks Sally2006, The stitch pain I had is gone but has been replaced with cramps : ( But you know what it seems to be something different every day and its getting me down so I'm taking the kind advice from above and I'm going to try and forget about it because what will be will be.. My scan is not until 22nd November and I will drive myself nuts if I don't relax and stop thinking! Thanks for all the advice girls

Welcome Twirls, Snabe and Poncho.. I'm going into my 8 week now. I'm a first timer too, It's exciting isn't it eeek... Congradulations to you all :D

Poncho I get pains here and there and I think it's ''growing pains'' as such.. I had them the other night on my lower right hand side right underneath my belly button and was sharp a few times then just passed.. Like you i'm watching everything, just take it easy and try not to panic ;)

• Advertisement

hi cocoemma

i'm getting the same types of pains - sometimes crampy like i'm getting my period, sometimes it's just a sensation. i feel the need to keep doing home pregnancy tests to constantly reassure myself i'm still pregnant.

i'm getting past the shock/petrified stage now, and heading swiftly towards excitement, but trying not to get too excited, just in case...

Snabe wrote: »
    hi cocoemma

. i feel the need to keep doing home pregnancy tests to constantly reassure myself i'm still pregnant.

yes, I did three at the start because i didn't believe it.. two were normal ones the next day got two digital ones ( did one from that packet ) just to see what weeks came up because the dates confused me and i saw my doc last week and he did another just to confirm again ( i asked ).. i suppose thats four!! :D

four tests! haha! i just bought my third today! just want to keep making sure it's real maybe?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cherrybomb

Hey Girlies

Well found out on Thursday Im six weeks pregnant and to say I am having a heartattack is an understatement!

I done six tests and then went to the doctor and had like a mini scan thing so there is no doubting that yup Im pregnant

And now look Im ranting haha

Im panicky that something will go wrong although the doc said everything is fine its just very early my morning evening afternoon and night sickness is murder and im getting wierd like period pains

Is anyone else the same??

Hey Girlies

Well found out on Thursday Im six weeks pregnant and to say I am having a heartattack is an understatement!

I done six tests and then went to the doctor and had like a mini scan thing so there is no doubting that yup Im pregnant

And now look Im ranting haha

Im panicky that something will go wrong although the doc said everything is fine its just very early my morning evening afternoon and night sickness is murder and im getting wierd like period pains

Is anyone else the same??

Hi Cherrybomb, congrats and welcome! I'm 6+3 today, yay :)

I also have period paid now and again and starting to feel a bit quesy. I too am in panic mode that something will go wrong, I'll probably stay that way until at least 10 weeks, fingers x'd I'll get there! Have scan in epu on Wednesday morning. Sooo excited and nervous about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Miss OMMC

Hi girls!!

Congrats to everyone on their pregnancies and wishing you all a happy, healthy 9 months!

I just found out this morning that I'm 6 weeks pregnant so all going well I'll be due around the 12 of June.

I thought my period was a few days late so I calculated the days and realised I was over two weeks late! Did the test still thinking 'no way could I be' and there it was, a big fat plus! Myself and OH were planning on trying for #2 after our trip to France this weekend but no need now!

He'll be home in about an hour and can't wait to tell him! :)

Congrats!! What a way to celebrate your bfp with a trip to France.
    Lucky you :D

Best of luck, enjoy your break!

Congrats

So guys how is everyone feeling this week?

• Advertisement

this week my symptoms have pretty much gone!
    apart from feeling nauseous when i eat rich food (usually never ever feel sick regardless of what i eat... EVER!). and i have a headache now and again,but apart from that i feel pretty normal.

it's weird - i'd almost rather have symptoms so i know i'm still pregnant...:confused:

Ah Snape Im the same my sickness is gone although I am getting terrible indigestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

this week my symptoms have pretty much gone!
    apart from feeling nauseous when i eat rich food (usually never ever feel sick regardless of what i eat... EVER!). and i have a headache now and again,but apart from that i feel pretty normal.

it's weird - i'd almost rather have symptoms so i know i'm still pregnant...:confused:

If it makes ya feel better - I'm 22 weeks and still no sickness!! :)

Still getting a lot of cramps, anyone get that? Boobs still sore and no sickness thankfully. Feeling a bit more tired as well.

Had early scan yesterday....absolutely brilliant!! Saw little heartbeat racing along, nearly had me in floods. Doc said it was very strong so have everything crossed that it stays that way.

Hey guys

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of discharge Im starting to get a bit freaked out by it:confused:

Have a docs appointment booked for next week and am going to get an early scan on Wednesday

Sally2006 - yep i have cramps too, sore boobs and now killer headaches! headaches so bad it's hard to actually get anything done. have had them for 3 weeks now, but they've been especially bad this week. i gave in and took paracetamol today because i was in so much pain, but i felt guilty for taking them :(

• Advertisement

Had early scan yesterday....absolutely brilliant!! Saw little heartbeat racing along, nearly had me in floods. Doc said it was very strong so have everything crossed that it stays that way.[/QUOTE]

Delighted Sally delighted :)

Cherrybomb wrote: »
    Hey guys

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of discharge Im starting to get a bit freaked out by it:confused:

I think discharge is normal..I'm getting it too, wearing panty liners, it's driving me nuts because sometimes i'm afraid to look in case it's blood (not to be negitive) heres a link i found http://www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-discharge-during-pregnancy_270.bc#articlesection1

Sally2006 - yep i have cramps too, sore boobs and now killer headaches! headaches so bad it's hard to actually get anything done. have had them for 3 weeks now, but they've been especially bad this week. i gave in and took paracetamol today because i was in so much pain, but i felt guilty for taking them :(
    Still getting a lot of cramps, anyone get that? Boobs still sore and no sickness thankfully. Feeling a bit more tired as well.

oh dear lord.. sore boobs :( jesus very bad, i turned over on my side the other night and bumped into my partners hands and i actually WOKE up with the pain of me boobs bumping into his hands! sickness is easing off and i'm still hungary but i dont feel i have to eat as often..over the couple of weeks for instance i had to eat every 3 hours or i'd get the shakes i seem to be easing off that now.. THANK GOD.... i've put on at least 3 to 4 pounds were most people lose weight at this stage - typical for me.. I'm am just soo tired i could sleep sitting up or on a bed of nails..

Well i haven't been on ina while cuz i've been so tired.. I'm now in my ninth week.. Is anyone else showing or expanding or even looking like they've put on weight or pregnant.. i was a size 14 on bottom and 12 on top and now i'm say a 16 on the bottom now my waist and stomach has just completly swelled out.. although i'm very happy (being pregnant - edit) i feel fat and i'm afraid i'll be MASSIVE by the end of the nine months.. anyway just wondering if anyone else is the same...

so I finally got my date for my scan yesterday and I am soo excited it's for the 22nd of November... EEEK just to have it done and hear the heartbeating and knowing everything is ok...

Oh i've noticed some pulsating feelings in my stomach like nice feelings i wonder could i be feeling the baby move already? I can't imagine it'd be wind cause i've never felt it before.. :)

hope everyone is doing ok? It's hard isn't it :D

PS too tried to even read this for spelling mistakes or punctuation ha ha ha ha...

Hi girls, I'm absolutely in bits with the cramps today, just want to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle. Had a bit of stained discharge as well today, absolutely freaked me out. Wouldn't go as far as to say it was spotting but not quite right. Everything was fine 2 days ago so trying my best not to worry.

Cocoemma, I'm only 7 weeks today but waist if defo expanding. I wouldn't worry about weight at all at this stage, just eat what you like when you like :) Best of luck with the scan, let us know how it goes.

Snabe, God love you with the headaches. Paracetemol is totally fine but I can understand you worrying anyway. I'm such a wuss, I've a few cramps and I haven't stopped whinging and moaning!

Take care girls, enjoy the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pwalshy

Hi girls,

Congratulations to you all! I'm also 6 weeks gone, due in June. Found out 2 weeks ago but feels like I've known for months!!:eek: We're both super excited, and yet trying not to be too excited too! Found out 2 of my sisters are also pregnant (one is 12 weeks, other 22) but trying to keep ours under wraps for at least the time being!

Have the dreaded all day sickness, genuinely never been this ill in my life!! Am in a constant state of nausea! I don't normally get sick but this has knocked me for six. (one of my sisters lost 2 stone in her first 2 months from vomiting) I'm just trying to eat small regular meals to keep myself going! I've also have sore boobs and the crazy cramping...my husband found me crying in the loo on friday evening, cramps were so bad I was convinced something terrible was wrong, but it passed eventually!

Hoping these next few weeks will go by as fast as possible so I can really start enjoying the pregnancy....imagine, a little person growing inside me, AMAZING!! :D

• Advertisement

Congratulations pwalshy!! Yeah, the last few weeks since finding out feel like months for me too. It's sooo exciting!

Poor thing having the sickness. Try not to let yourself get hungry and that might help. You must be dying to tell your family. We told one or two family memebers last week coz I just can't keep it in. Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by...

Thanks Sally, yes I've literally been eating every hour, as soon as I let myself get even a teeny bit hungry its game over!

I told my sister on saturday and one of the girls in work yesterday (although the girl in work said she'd already guess....running to loo every 15 mins, looking tired, eating more often than usual and the big tell tale, I can't stomach coffee at the mo....and I LOVE coffee, lol)

Interested to know when everyones scans etc are booked? I got my dates from Holles St the other day and the said my first scan isn't til 9th Jan!!! :confused: I REALLY don't want to wait that long so am looking into booking a private scan at the start of December. Anybody else got such a late scan date??

hi pwalshy

i've gone completely off coffee too. it's funny - over the summer i also went off coffee and the girls in work were saying "ooooh i think she's pregnant" when i wasn't. i've now gone off coffee again, presumably it is pregnancy related this time, and they haven't said a word! hmmmm maybe they've guessed :eek:

my scan's way later than yours - 30 January so i'll be 20.5 weeks. i'm going public - not sure if that makes a difference.
    i have a private scan booked for the end of november though coz i can't wait either!

30th Jan??? :eek: That's crazy!! I decided to go semi-private....simply because I've been paying into my health insurance for years and wanna feel like I get something for it, lol. Definitely going to book a private scan though, not sure if I'll book for 10 or 12 weeks (although I'm sure I'll have to see what availability they have!)

It's so lovely to be able to talk to people who are going through the same as me (at the same time) I feel like its all I want to talk about at the moment, but don't wanna wear my poor hubbies ears off, lol!

Hi snabe/pwalshy, I'm going public in the Coombe and have my first appointment on 16th November which I think is very early! I'll only be 10.5 weeks so I'm trying to get it put back by 2 weeks. They do a dating scan at this apt. I'm still in the EPU and have an appointment the week before, doesn't make any sense.

Snabe, a friend of mine went to Holles st, they only do the 20 week scan and she ended up getting a private scan at 12 weeks.

Nausea has hit with a vengeance. I feel rotten the last couple of days and am permanently exhausted.

I'm in Holles St too, first appointment is start of January and scan is start of February. Going to get a private scan done at the start of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DKIL1979

Hi All, first baba due 13/06/2012! Live in Galway and going to Portiuncula Hospital. Getting over the exhaustion, but have evening sickness instead of morning!

Hi DKIL, that's great, congrats. I'm on my second and going to the Coombe in Dublin. So far they've been pretty good.

Hopefully your sickness will pass soon but at least you can be sick in the comfort of your own home rather than in work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DKIL1979

Thanks Sally2006 and congrat to you too. yeah, that is one good thing. wud hate to be sick at work. also at least can eat during the day in preparation for nightly food revoltion!

Hi girls, Conrgads Dkil and welcome :D.. I haven't been on in a while i was off work for two weeks and I literally slept all the time! I'm now halfway through my tenth week :) the sickness has gone thank bees to god (drama ha ha) and The tiriedness is easing I'm getting a slight hint of a burst of energy, jesus i never felt tiriedness like what I felt the past few weeks. I think I might even clean my house tonight :O .. deffo having a bath to relax tonight :D

I have my scan on 22nd Nov and I'm very excited and anxhious at the same time, I keep thinking oh god what if something is wrong.. I hope to god that it will be okay...

• Advertisement
Advertisement