Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone due June 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi All, I had my first app today and my first scan :D I also mailed in April/May because I don't know where I'll end up ha ha

My dates worked out at 12wks 4days but the baby actually measured at 13 wks 4 days so my EDD changed to 25th of May EEK..I'm bloody delighted ha ha..

The little heart was beating and i was so relieved to see that but the baby did not move, i felt a little paniced that it was so still, the lady advised that the baby could be asleep, also i had a FULL bladder and it could be restricting the baby.... there are signs all over the scanning waiting room, full bladder needed for dating scan... she suggested a half full bladder next time, i mean how is that even possilble?????.. anyway i felt a little deflated when i was leaving because i had that added question why was the baby not moving.. anyway had a little winge but i'm over it now.. I googled it (as you do) and, it seems it is quite common, some advice was to have some chocolate or a fizzy drink and it will wake the baby up... i will next time biggrin.gif I keep staring at the picture thinking that could not be inside ME!!!!!!!!!! eek.gifHA HA very happy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Cocoemma, I feel exactly the same, had my first scan yesterday and was not impressed! The doctor was very cold didn't engage in any conversation. All she said was there is the heartbeat can you see it I said yeah then she fiddled around for a minute and said okay you can sit up now... She hands me 1 pic which I hate to say looks horrible.. I had to actually ask her does everything look okay to you! To which she replied oh it's too early to tell you will have to come back at 20 weeks! I had a little cry on the way home and my OH actually took the photo off me because I kept analysing it... I'm now not due back until 24th January!

PONCHO739 wrote: »
    Hi Cocoemma, I feel exactly the same, had my first scan yesterday and was not impressed! The doctor was very cold didn't engage in any conversation. All she said was there is the heartbeat can you see it I said yeah then she fiddled around for a minute and said okay you can sit up now... She hands me 1 pic which I hate to say looks horrible.. I had to actually ask her does everything look okay to you! To which she replied oh it's too early to tell you will have to come back at 20 weeks! I had a little cry on the way home and my OH actually took the photo off me because I kept analysing it... I'm now not due back until 24th January!

OMG mine was like that too, not really very nice and not like encouageing (can't bleeding spell), yes only looked around for a few mins, took measurements and then took the photo, the photo wasn't great but I took a picture of it on my phone to send it onto my parents and it came out 100% better it picked up all the white, try to take it with your phone, i've tried to send it to my e-mail to attach it but i'd have to do it at home....

I'm due back again the 18th of Jan for my big scan too.. what hopsital are you in, I'm in the coombe and i'm due to see the doc on the 20th of Dec I've been told by a friend (her baby is 6months old) that he also does a scan so I'll get to see him/her again but I won't get a picture, so maybe that next little scan will make you feel much better.... I do agree though I was living for the first scan terrified there wpuld be no heartbeat but after that on Tuesday I was then anxihous for the next visit, I don't want to spend my pregancy worrying because that takes the good from it.. it's still amazing and once you saw the heartbeat thats all that matters hun, it did take me a while to feel like that :) I;m happy but slightly worried, i'm sure it's all natural :D

Oh my god sooo glad you felt the same.. thought I was being over dramatic! Yeah I'm in the coombe too.. Thanks for the info on the next visit I got an appointment in the post yesterday for 16th December, delighted to hear they do a small scan then too! Was actually going to ring them today to ask what this visit would be about because I've already had a midwife booking in Tallaght Hospital last week and she took all details plus bloods so was thinking what else would they have to do.... Yeah defo have to stop freaking out at every little thing and start enjoying my 1st pregnancy, I'm hoping now I'm in the 12th week I'll calm down.. fingers crossed : )

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sally2006

Hi cocoemma, great news you're a week ahead! I'm delighted for you. I'm also going to the Coombe and have had a similar experience to yourself but have also had some lovely doctors/midwives, it's pure luck who you get. Don't worry about the baby not moving much at this stage, once there's a good strong heart beat that's the main thing. You won't feel the weeks going by until your big scan.

Are you going public or SP? I'm going public this time. The q's are mad but missing work for a few hours doesn't bother me :D

poncho i thought i was being over the top as well.. ha ha.. i had said to my partner maybe because they see it everyday its just not a big deal to them.. i dunno.. yes.. well jesus i hope his sister is right, she said that the next app is to meet with the consultant and he goes through what blood type you are and what the results were etc and apparently he does a mini scan to check.. please god he does..

oh i know sally i'm so happy i skipped a week ha ha i'm going into the 14th week tomorrow i mean how mental is that.. i;m going public, yeah the queues are a bit mental but earlier your in the better i think :).. i'm on team a dr Faragh who are you with?

i have two things guys.. one, did your midwife ask you to go to the perinatal clinic on your next visit :eek: she came and found me in the ultrasound scanning waiting room,she handed me a leaflet and said ''emma i forgot to ask to go to the perinatal clinic next time your in for your visit it's very important and it's too early to tell now etc.. '' is that standard?? did sugar come up in my urine, i don't why i never asked her, i was just taken aback that she came to look for me.... just wondering if you's were asked the to do the same on your next visit..

also i know they say you don't feel anything till say 18 weeks on your first and on your second much earlier.. but i'm feeling like these little flutters right above my pelvis below my bellybutton actually were the scanner was.., i mean is it even possible to feel it now.. it's nothing like i felt before :rolleyes: huum... oh dear god i hope i'm feeling the baby, how wonderfull would that be!!!!:D

No can't say she did Coco.. I've only seen a Midwife once in Tallaght Hospital but again it was a get in get out situation...She litterally took my medical history and bloods ASKED me what weight and height did I think I was?? (em shouldnt she be taking actual mesurements herself??)

The only thing she said was to tell the doctor at my first appointment in the coombe that I would like to go with the Domino Scheme and he will refer my care back to the midwifes in Tallaght... See your 2 weeks ahead of me too so if it is the norm I'm sure I'll be told at my next appointment with them

No cocoemma, perinatal wasn't mentioned to me, didn't go near it on my 1st pg either. I wouldn't worry about it, just ask them next time you're there. I'm going to Dr. Anglim's team, early morning is definitely best.

Humm... thats interesting... Yeah I'll deffo ask next time i'm there.. when I was with my own doctor on Friday I asked him was there any sugar in my urine he said it was clear, no sugar, protein only keritones (dont know how I spell them) so I needed to drink more water.. Ah yeah the mornings are okay once your there early...

eek I'm back into the hospital on the 20th to meet the doctor I'm so EXCITED about that ha ha.. I have never been in hopsital or anything only in A & E for myself once.. so this is all new.. I'm really enjoying the experience I know < loser > ha ha.. :cool:

• Advertisement

You're dead right to enjoy it! I loved my first pregnancy, sailed through it (dd nearly 6) but this one is a whole other story. Spotting since week 6 every day, it's driving me nuts now. Can't relax and enjoy it. Cramping every now and again, not sure if that's normal at this stage. Anyway enough moans...

Sally2006 wrote: »
    You're dead right to enjoy it! I loved my first pregnancy, sailed through it (dd nearly 6) but this one is a whole other story. Spotting since week 6 every day, it's driving me nuts now. Can't relax and enjoy it. Cramping every now and again, not sure if that's normal at this stage. Anyway enough moans...

I'm showing already :eek:.. I didn't realise I thought I was just fat ha ha I carried a bit of weight on my tummy anyway and I thought i was getting fatter, my partner last last was like, there-is-no-way- your that size for no reason he said your showing.. i said nooooooooo wayyyyy.. when I looked properly I saw it.. eek.. what sparked it is I saw a friend of mine who is three weeks ahead of me and she was well out and round.. so I came home to my partner saying I saw such and such and I've no bump:(.. it's so exciting ha ha.. I haven't properly rounded out yet hopefully i will soon... :D

oh sally I'm sure that can be worrying alright.. but you know it depends on where the egg planted itself it could be at the bottom of the womb closer to the cervix.. you know those programmes '' i didn't know i was pregnant'' well sometimes some woman still have there periods throughout pregnancy not even releasing there pregnant.. please don't make your ill by worrying.. when are you back in the hospital.. and did you say it to the midwife what did she say?

Bring on the bump! :) Yeah, my belly is defo sticking out as well, trousers are starting to get tight, will have to get the fat pants out soon.

Thanks for your words of wisom! I never really thought about it like that. I'm just praying everyday that things will be alright but I still wonder every day if this will be the day it all ends, I'm so pessimistic. The mad thing is I've been to the hospital loads of times for appointments and scans - the Coombe have been great like that, but the docs & midwives just keep saying " yeah that can happen sometimes" and that's it!! Basically put up and shut up. I'll be grey as a badger before June rolls round.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 babymomma22

im due the 21st of june 2012 im 11 weeks on thursday =]

im due the 21st of june 2012 im 11 weeks on thursday =]

Congradulations babymomma22 - exciting times isn't it :D, Do you have a date for your first scan yet? Eeek.. :D

Well I went shopping Saturday for maternity clothes and it was harsh.. the range was too expenisive and very little.. I opted for size 18 trousers for work from pennys @ €6 each to do me for a while now I wearing them up way over my bellybutton ( a simon cowel look) under a top it's grand not noticable and I got a few tops and cardigans.. I was very p**sed off though.. plus got massive nickers to do me they are so comfortable.. oh god I cant believe I have five months left!!!!!!!1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Hi Ladies,

I might aswell join ye, been reading the last few weeks.

I'm due number 3 on the 25 June. I've had 2 sections so this will be another one. I'm going public in CUMH. I had preclampisa(sp) on my first so was referred to the high risk clinic for my first appointment so I had a scan at 9 weeks and met the consultant the following week. He decided that I'm not high risk so going to the normal clinics from now on in.

I have another scan on the 14th as I will be 12 weeks then and my next appointment is in Jan when I am 16 weeks.

I had SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) on my other two and can feel it starting again so had physio appointment today and got a belt and list of excercises to keep me going.

Here's to a fast couple of months and getting to know you all :p

hi cocoemma and fitzcoff =] congrats to the 2 of ye =] im 12 weeks tomorrow and sent a letter to limerick maternity 4weeks ago and still have heard nothing so i still havent had my first scan yet . another 7months to go i hope it goes fast and fitzcoff hope your pregnancy goes smoothly =] xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Hey all! thought I was due in July but had a scan last night to find out I'm 2 weeks ahead of schedule and I'm due on the 24th June!!!! It was amazing to see our baby up there on the screen!! So I'm 11 weeks and 3 days gone and decided to start telling our family and friends! Everyone so far is almost as excited as me!

I finally got the date for my first scan its the 25th of jan i will be 19weeks then . i was 12weeks yesterday so hopefully things will go smoothly :)

Imullen thats great you got the right date and got to see your baby :)

my partner asked me was i due in july after i telling him weeks ago i was due in june thats men for ya haha :D

Hey all hope you're all enjoying Christmas - just think this time next year Santa will have been to all our little babies!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 pwalshy

Hi Ladies,

Been a while since I posted....been checking in regularly though. Hope you all had a fab Christmas! I'm due the 9th June so am 16 weeks now....where does the time go?? Went for a private scan a few weeks ago and it was amazing, made it all so so real, super exciting!My first hospital scan is 9th Jan. My 2 sisters are pregnant also (one is 22weeks, the other 32weeks) so yesterday was a fairly sober affair for the women of our family (husbands clearly took advantage, lol!)

I'd hoped I'd be over the "morning" sickness at this stage but I'm still ill most days :( It's becoming far more managable now tho, thank goodness!

My little bump is starting to round too which is exciting....wearing my fat jeans n lose dresses at the mo, but am (tragically) excited to go look for proper maternity clothes!

Hope you all are enjoying a fab Christmas :D

Hello ladies! I've my first hospital appointment today - 15 weeks and 3 days! Really hope I get a scan so that I get to see my baby again! Fingers crossed it'll all go well. Feeling nervous excited and scarred all at the same time. My mum is coming with me as my boyfriend can't get the time off work which is annoying but at least I'll have my mum probably the best substitute to have!!
    Hope everyone is well and recovered after the christmas/new years festivities!!

Best of luck with your appointment today, I was given a quick scan by the consultant on my first appointment. I have another next Thurs so hoping I get to see babs again then.

I was in the hosp for 3 hours on my first appointment fingers crossed it wont be that long for you. I was in CUMH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭a.man

Hi girlys, I'm 18 weeks this week, I'm due 6th June and seriously cannot wait!! I just want the baby to be here and to see what he/she look likes and of course the whole mother thing... Eeeek! Just wondering has anyone started gathering anything together yet? Ye know like clothes, furniture, general baby stuff?? It's just a matter of where do I start for me because this is my first and I really don't even know what your supposed be buying!

Hospital went well! Was in and out in a little over 2 hours! Had a scan and baby sure has grown a bit since 11 weeks! All looks good!

a.man - I started picking up a few bits and pieces the other week but no major purchases waiting to see what I can acquire off my sister in law first!! :) I'm also knitting some hats and cardigans and blankets (keeps me occupied stops me eating)!!

Ahh glad the hospital went well, theres always a feeling of relief whenever the appointments over and everything went okay! Ooh knitting... very handy especially now, My mams friend is knitting her little heart out too I think she's on cardigan number 3 already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I think I posted on this thread but can't remember! I'm due 31 May so thinking it will be a June baby. Have my anomaly scan Tuesday. Haven't bought a thing for the baby yet, please tell me I'm not alone!

lazygal wrote: »
    I think I posted on this thread but can't remember! I'm due 31 May so thinking it will be a June baby. Have my anomaly scan Tuesday. Haven't bought a thing for the baby yet, please tell me I'm not alone!

I'm on my third so don't really need to buy anything unless I have a girl.. I have two boys so there is a houseful of stuff from them. My youngest is 2 and in a bed in the room with the 5 year old.. So the cot is empty.

If I have a girl I know that I'll end up buying pink stuff even though the buggy etc are neutral.

Is this your first

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pwalshy

I'm rubbish, have nothing bought yet! I'm due the 9th June. I had hoped that I could inherit some stuff from my sisters but 2 of them are pregnant too (due in Feb & May) so I'll have to get everytg new (although I'm not complaining, I'm REALLY looking forward to picking stuff up!)

Most exciting thing now though is that the flutters I'd initially felt are starting to become more recognisable as kicks....in fact I got kicked to pieces the other nite as I was watching tv in bed. It was so exciting! Looking forward to when my husband can start to feel the kicks too as at the minute, think he's feeling a little left out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

Hi everyone,

I am due June 1st, with our first baby, and we are totally over the moon about it!!
    I have a couple of questions for anybody a little more clued-in that myself:

1) I am told that it is important to do antenatal classes to help make decisions on pain relief etc. I also really want to meet people around my area who are in the same boat, as I am the first of my friends to be pregnant and nobody wants to listen to a pregnant woman moan about sickness and other symptoms.. (can you blame them?) :)
    So does anyone know of a good antenatal class to attend in the Kildare area? I am around Newbridge myself and would love to meet other pregnant ladies. We've only just moved here so I don't know anybody!

2) I find it really hard to find nice maternity clothes. Everywhere I go seems to sell very baggy, old-lady type clothes, and I am only a young mama-to-be in mid 20s; where can I find cute maternity clothes that show off my bump rather than hide it?

And to finish off my rather lengthy post - congratulations to all the mamas-to-be here!

• Advertisement

Awww Congrats! I'm due 6th June and it's my first too sooo exciting! Found a link on here to website for ante natel classes in Kildare but not sure if they are one on one sessions sure you can check it out anyway

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055193158&page=2

And for trendy Maternity clothes try New Look probably a better selection if you go to one of the flagship stores like Liffy Valley? Or what I've been doing is just buying tops I would normaly buy but in a size or 2 bigger!

Thanks a.man !

I had a look at your link, and found a website for antenatal in Kildare. I gave her a call and got myself booked in for March! Hopefully I get to meet a couple of nice ladies for some baby talk!

Congrats on your own pregnancy - June 6th! It is a very exciting time :) Have you felt any movements or kicks yet? My little one is kicking the bejaysus out of me!

Ah very good, hopefully it's what your looking for! Yeah I've been feeling a lot of movement at night while I'm in bed and I find if I fall asleep while this is going on I'm asleep for like an hour and I'm back wide awake again.. It's like the baby is saying hey I'm awake now, where do you think your going!

I did give in and buy a little few bits on the wkend... Sooo weird though because even though I want to buy the stuff it feels like I'm buying them for someone else! I haven't even taken them out of the bags yet. I think once I have my big scan on 24th it will feel a lot more real then! I was only 12 weeks when i had my first scan

I am told that when we move during the day, the baby is rocked to sleep, and when you try to sleep at night, baby wakes up due to our lack of movement. Mine is most active at night too. I try to go to bed to read a book for an hour first until baby stops kicking. I lose less sleep this way.

I had my first scan at 10 weeks, as my doctor over estimated a bit. I know what you mean; one feels a bit disconnected still. My next scan is on Thursday, and I am so excited! I haven't bought much either - I want to know the gender first. 2 grannies are waiting to know which colours they are knitting or sewing.

I think I would like to get one of those 4D scans done by around March/April. Anyone done that or going to!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 labelleshell

Hi All

Just joining this thread. Also due in June 2012. All goiong well so far. Lots of movement but not keeping me awake just yet. My husband keeps missing the bigger movements which is a pity. Think the baby just enjoys his warm hand and just relaxes when he touches my belly.

Has anyone booked their anti-natal classes yet ?? I'm on Northside of Dublin and would love to hear of any receommendations.

Hi labelleshell.. Congrats btw! I find that too with our baby my OH has to keep his hand on my belly for ages before anything happens.. I'm on the Domino scheme in Tallaght Hosp and the midwife booked my anti-natal and I got a letter in the post confirming the date and time.. It's for 3 hours over 2 days.. Does that not work across the board that the hospital book them for you?

I am not going for classes this time round but on my first I was given the option at my first appointment to book classes in the hospital or they gave me the number of a private class.

The hospital ones were on for a number of weeks in the middle of the day so it would have meant getting time off work for them. The private one was a one day Saturday class so I rang and booked that and paid for it.

How are all the June bumps going?

I've been asked in the last few days if I am about to pop and then someone else was shocked when I said that I was pregnant. So I'm not sure what to think, personally I think that I have a fine bump!!!

Hey all just checking in! I've 11 weeks to due date!!! On my Easter holidays from school at the moment so thought I'd get myself organised. So I've washed all the baby clothes that I have and made a list of things I'll need for the hospital so there won't be a panic when school finishes (3 weeks before due date)! I've put a few things into a bag already just in case.
    Bump is getting big and the movements are very strong!
    Just wondering how everyone else is getting on? Happy Easter enjoy the chocolate!!!

Hey all just checking in! I've 11 weeks to due date!!! On my Easter holidays from school at the moment so thought I'd get myself organised. So I've washed all the baby clothes that I have and made a list of things I'll need for the hospital so there won't be a panic when school finishes (3 weeks before due date)! I've put a few things into a bag already just in case.
    Bump is getting big and the movements are very strong!
    Just wondering how everyone else is getting on? Happy Easter enjoy the chocolate!!!

• Advertisement

Hi,

I had a hosp appointment yest, in there for about 2 hours. Everything going well, baby was measuring a bit on the big side but my other 2 were big so they weren't really concerned.

The doc I met was lovely so I was cheeky and asked her if I could recorded the scan she was doing on my phone to show to my 5 year old, he is all about the baby at the moment.

So now I have a video of my babs, it's amazing I can see the shape of the head really clearly and it's nose looks the same as my oldest.

I'm not back to the hosp for 5 weeks so I'll be in the single digits by the time that comes around. I'm getting fed up of waiting now. Just want to hold the baby now.

No complaints with me so far other than feeling tired and uncomfortable :D

10 weeks to go - 7 weeks of work and then 3 weeks of rest and relaxation before bump becomes baby!!!

32 week appointment yesterday and all is going well! Doctor just had a feel of bump and thinks baby is going to me big - which may mean all the lovely newborn baby grows I've bought never get used!!
    Started ante natal classes too and if nothing else they'll scare you into doing all your exercises pre and post labour! Also great to meet other pregnant ladies who could be on the ward at the same time!

I was at the hosp 3 weeks ago, I was 28 + something and they reckon he/she was measuring at least 30 weeks. I had a visit to the gp yesterday and again he commented on the size of the bump and feeling babs, he said I'm going to have a fine big one!!!

I have 2 boys already and haven't done anything yet in relation to packing bags. I feel like I should but I know that I'll be having a section so putting things on the long finger.

These last few weeks are dragging, I can't wait for baby to arrive. I think the biggest thing for me is the thought of being away from the 2 boys for 4/5 days. I'll miss them.

My head is already being wrecked from my mother and mother in law asking me do I have a date yet and when will I have one. On my last child I told noone that I was going in to have him. I don't think I'll get away with that this time around.

Anyone elses feet the size of balloons??? They now wobble when I'm walking - any tips on what best to do?? I'm a science teacher so don't really get to put them up during the day?

So ladies how are we all doing?? Not long now! Still can't believe that pretty soon I'm going to have a baby!!! You'd think the amount of baby paraphernalia around the house would help it all sink in!

• Advertisement

Hi,

I'm heading in for my section on the 18th, so today 2 weeks I'll be in the hosp waiting to have babs!!!

I had my last at half ten in the morn so I'm hoping that it will be early again this time around.

I've had the nesting feeling all last week and have rooms re-arranged, and a list of jobs for hubby to do when he is off.

I never had a nesting feeling with the 2 boys so I'm wondering if this means it's a girl this time.

In the last 2 months two of my cousins have had girls and looking at the all the pink stuff, I'm starting to want a girl.

Only 2 weeks to wait so I think that I'll manage.

I'm back at my GP this week, then to the hosp on the 14th for my final check up, to get bloods done and to sign consent forms for the section.

I'm feeling huge, I'm all bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 KD3107

Due No 3 this Wednesday the 6th hoping its going to make an appearance of it's own accord had to be induced on the two girls, not looking likely so far, two realation have already had their babys one 4 weeks early and the other a week early. Can't wait to be able to sit comfortably and lie in comfort at night in bed.:)

Tomorrow is D Day for me,I'm booked in for an elective section in the morning. Have to be at the hospital for 7 so early start.

Fingers crossed that I won't be waiting all day to meet my baby, I'll be starved!!! I'm not allowed anything to eat or drink for midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Barging in here from the July thread :cool:

Just wanted to say best of luck Fitzcoff though I'd say you've had the baby & all by now! I'm sure congrats are in order :D

Mink wrote: »
    Barging in here from the July thread :cool:

Just wanted to say best of luck Fitzcoff though I'd say you've had the baby & all by now! I'm sure congrats are in order :D
    Thanks, I had a little , well 9lb 2oz , girl on Monday at 12.15.

Everything went well and she's a dote. I'm breastfeeding and so far so good she's going around 3 hrs between feeds so getting plenty rest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement