Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP in Cork city centre.

Options
  • 11-10-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

Quick request. Can anybody recommend a good GP in Cork city centre? I'm living in the South Terrace area but the location of the GP doesn't really matter to me once he/she is good. I'm not too bothered if the doctor is male or female.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Not exactly in the city centre...But...We use Dr.Joe McCauliffe out in the Park Family Practice on Friars Walk.

The practice is right next to Ballyphehane Park,and it's attached to the Marian Pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

There's the Washington Street Medical Practice. It's a clinic so you could get any one of half a dozen GPs. I've seen several there and they are all good. Appointment only as well, so no waiting for ages to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tisnt City Centre but Dr Keane in Douglas just on the main street is great. Have to say fantastic for the ladies or if you prefer men Dr Crowley in the same place is really good.No bs with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Dr. Maria McLaughlin in Turners Cross Medical Center on Evergreen Road is very good.
    http://turnerscrossmedicalcentre.ie/?page_id=2

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kyserium

friend of mine called the GP looking for blood test results after the requisite 10 days .. only to have the receptionist call them back with the results..which have resulted in a change in medication dosage .. maybe its me but surely the GP should be the one calling my friend with the results of the tests? And to explain why their medication need changing?

Whatever happened to patient confidentiality? Or Doctor Patient "relationship"???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

A receptionist would have to maintain confidentiality too. They get the results , input them and the doctor will review them then and make any changes necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kyserium

I was a medical secretary myself for 24 yrs .. so it goes without saying that the receptionist is BOUND by confidentialy issues. But the Receptionist is not the GP (nor even a Nurse). If I'd ever even tried to give results to a patient the way these were given to my friend including the advise "stick to your diet and exercise" .. I would have been fired. If its ok for the receptionist to give out results (after all, anyone can read the results) and give advice on treatment, pray tell what on earth is the patient actually paying for? Where is the professionalism? I for one would not be happy with this sort of service - I dont think this is acceptable practice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

rcdk1 wrote: »
    Dr. Maria McLaughlin in Turners Cross Medical Center on Evergreen Road is very good.
    http://turnerscrossmedicalcentre.ie/?page_id=2

+1

fantastic doctor

Advertisement