Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live disconnects

• 11-10-2011 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Hi
    when playing fifa and black ops my xbox signs me out about every half hour which is extremely annoying while playing.its like its on a timer to disconnect and online play is fine other than that.i just sign back in and wait for another short time until im disconnected.

anyone know what the problem is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

newuser89 wrote: »
    Hi
    when playing fifa and black ops my xbox signs me out about every half hour which is extremely annoying while playing.its like its on a timer to disconnect and online play is fine other than that.i just sign back in and wait for another short time until im disconnected.

do you have an eircom zyxel router?
    do you have wireless enabled on it?
    if yes, i had the same problem. the only solution i found was disabling the wireless and connecting the xbox directly to the modem, but afaik this is a common issue and there is probably a better solution out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Hi

Are you with eircom ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Eldoco wrote: »
    Hi

Are you with eircom ?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I had this problem too but I now hook up my Xbox to the internet via ethernet and hasn't disconnected once after long periods of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Ravenid

If you are with eircom, have the black Zyxel modem and getting this issue you will need to change some settings on your modem.

1) Log onto your modems config page by going to http://192.168.1.254 via your web browser.

2) If you're asked for a password its broadband1

3) Go to the orange Network link on the left side of the screen, from the dropdown otions choose NAT. Where it says Max NAT/Firewall Session Per User put in 4096 and Apply.

4) Go to the orange Security link on the left side if the screen, from the drop down options choose Firewall. Change the Firewall setting from Medium to Low and apply.

This should resolve the issue you're having.

• Advertisement

Ravenid wrote: »
    If you are with eircom, have the black Zyxel modem and getting this issue you will need to change some settings on your modem.

1) Log onto your modems config page by going to http://192.168.1.254 via your web browser.

3) Go to the orange Network link on the left side of the screen, from the dropdown otions choose NAT. Where it says Max NAT/Firewall Session Per User put in 4096 and Apply.

4) Go to the orange Security link on the left side if the screen, from the drop down options choose Firewall. Change the Firewall setting from Medium to Low and apply.

This should resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks for that il try that when i get home.it never just works when ya get it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Xbox disconnects are so so common. I use an Ethernet cable. The main reason for me disconnecting were the firewall turned itself automatically on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Same problem here, have the same settings as above but disconnects roughly every 2 hours.Very frustrating, can rarely get into a decent game online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ravenid wrote: »

with step 3, instead of choosing NAT, I chose Wireless LAN, and on the screen you'll see ReAuthentication Timer, Idle Timeout, and Group Key Update Timer.
    Change them all to 9999 seconds, and then click Apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

with step 3, instead of choosing NAT, I chose Wireless LAN, and on the screen you'll see ReAuthentication Timer, Idle Timeout, and Group Key Update Timer.
    Change them all to 9999 seconds, and then click Apply.

I was having the same problem but this sorted it, :D Thanks groutch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Did the same but still disconnects after a bout 2 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Meatwad wrote: »
    Did the same but still disconnects after a bout 2 hours

yeah 9999 seconds would be about 2hrs 45min, but still alot better than half an hour. of course I don't play FPS's where I'd imagine multiplayers could go on forever

i followed the steps but i havent been able to get onto xbox live since because theres an update and it cant download it.connection to router is fine xbox live seems to be problem

Advertisement