Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unix/Linux training

Options
  • 11-10-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Working in IT and my manager wants to propagate Unix/Linux skills around the office (sweet) and asked me for my input. Since most of the attendees are familiar with IT but not Unix/Linux I'm looking for a training company that can come to the office and provide a course. After a quick browse on the internet the Linux+ seems like a good starting point.

Do any of you have some input on the best starting course for Unix/Linux or is the Linux+ a good option.

Also do you have any experience with any training companies, quality of the trainer, costs etc. I will give feedback to the board when the course is completed.

Just to point out the trainer needs to come to the office as the manager wants to get the most bang for his buck. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Hi Oxocube,

I have no anwser for you, but you should probably give some indication of where your office is located, i.e. Dublin, Cork, midlands, etc.

Out of curiosity, what is your environment at the moment, and what's the driver for moving to unix/linux?

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Office is located in Dublin. We are an applicaiton software company running on multiple platforms (Unix, Linux and Windows) so the colleagues are very familiar with the actual application however the OS knowledge is a bit sparse.
    We have Windows covered and need to upskill on Unix/Linux. This is the main reason I was looking for a vendor neutral course so any comments are appreciated.

Advertisement