Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Kilnacourt Woods today ...

Options
  • 11-10-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

...Three guys armed with a baseball bat kicked in the door of a house and proceeded to beat the living daylights out of the guy in the house. Police arrived promptly enough, ambulance followed, guy taken off in said ambulance and forensic team dusting for prints as I type. Partner of injured gentleman is on the road in her pyjamas & string vest chatting to neighbours. And all before I've had my lunch :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

What about the 2 house fronts & car smashed in on Spa Street yesterday afternoon? You'd wonder about the elements living in Port

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

there are some bad apples living in Port, but it's still extremely quiet compared to larger towns. The governments policies of throwing rent supplement at life dole recipients, plus the return of slum landlords has all contributed to a decline in standards... hopefully the next budget will send them all back to their parents council houses. I live in kilnacourt and while the terraced houses aren't pretty, i've found it extremely quiet. There's no gangs of youths hanging around, no drinking parties, no vandalised cars, no fights that i've seen. It's a very good estate and a good addition to Port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

there are some bad apples living in Port, but it's still extremely quiet compared to larger towns. The governments policies of throwing rent supplement at life dole recipients, plus the return of slum landlords has all contributed to a decline in standards... hopefully the next budget will send them all back to their parents council houses. I live in kilnacourt and while the terraced houses aren't pretty, i've found it extremely quiet. There's no gangs of youths hanging around, no drinking parties, no vandalised cars, no fights that i've seen. It's a very good estate and a good addition to Port.

Well said.

I see the boarding up of certain apts as a positive to be honest.

Advertisement