Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's XBL update.

Options
  • 11-10-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Turned on the 360 earlier and got a software update. It took a bit longer than the usual small minor updates. Didn't notice anything new anyway.

Is there an update blog to find out what it was. I'm guessing something in preparation of the November 15th update.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Turned on the 360 earlier and got a software update. It took a bit longer than the usual small minor updates. Didn't notice anything new anyway.

Is there an update blog to find out what it was. I'm guessing something in preparation of the November 15th update.

Has your dashboard version been updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

justryan wrote: »
    Has your dashboard version been updated?

Didn't check the version number. I don't even know what the old one was tbh.

Dash V 2.0.13640.0 is what I have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dont suppose this update affected modded xbox's again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i cant access any of the live features except my friends right now, any of ye have the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Soby wrote: »
    Dont suppose this update affected modded xbox's again ?
    From what I saw online, no. But most people are staying offline until they get the go ahead from c4eva.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

As far as I know its just a security update mainly, Everything still worked the same for me last night, The big update is the end of november, thats when Kinect is supposed to be useful for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭upinthesky

omg this is driving me made my xbox live wont update there is a problem with the update lots of people are having problems iv changed setting tried to update tried more settings and still nothing

anyone else having this problem there are loads on the xbox live forums giving out about it thought it was just me for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

My xbox updated no problem last night.. As op said seemed a littler longer than usual but no differences and everything worked fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

lisar816 wrote: »
    omg this is driving me made my xbox live wont update there is a problem with the update lots of people are having problems iv changed setting tried to update tried more settings and still nothing

anyone else having this problem there are loads on the xbox live forums giving out about it thought it was just me for a while

I was tempted to knock off my console a couple of times because it was taking an absolute eternity. It started downloading/installing, but when it was done my screen just went blank even though the xbox was still on. It stayed like that for a minute or so, no video showing so I thought something might be wrong.

Finally, the xbox restarted itself. So I thought thank god I'm good to go, but then it got stuck on the first splash screen, the one with the Xbox 360 logo. It stayed like that for a couple of minutes, wouldn't proceed to the dashboard. That's when I started to get worried, thought the update might have broken my shiny new xbox :eek: I was literally about to turn it off when it started downloading another update. After that, it went to the dashboard thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭upinthesky

my xbox is a good few years old i think its the older ones that are having the most problems they said it should be sorted today or tomorrow so fingers crossed my dh is having pes withdrawals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Has anyone one else notice after this and another recent update for the new disc format, that the disc spins in the drive much longer than it used to after starting a game that you have installed.

Gears of war and Forza spin in the drive well past the title screens and after you have started playing then eventually stop :mad:

Not a huge deal but annoying non the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

calex71 wrote: »
    Has anyone one else notice after this and another recent update for the new disc format, that the disc spins in the drive much longer than it used to after starting a game that you have installed.

Gears of war and Forza spin in the drive well past the title screens and after you have started playing then eventually stop :mad:

Not a huge deal but annoying non the less.

Yeah, noticed that with Forza 4, tried to install it again because I thought it messed up. It is a bit annoying alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah, noticed that with Forza 4, tried to install it again because I thought it messed up. It is a bit annoying alright.

Was playing rock band 3 earlier, and borderlands, and didn't have the problem them popped Forza back in and Gears 3 and it happened, so seems to be linked to games that use the new disc format. Hope they fix it with the Fall dash update :mad: I bought a slim for a reason don't they know ??

Advertisement