Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best areas in Waterford???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Time wrote: »
    IMO the best apartments are definitely Glencove on the Dunmore Rd. Live here myself and id highly recommend it, only downside is that your looking at 800+ per month, which is expensive when compared to other places, but he location and quality are second to none though

Id say you had some criac getting out of there with the bad weather last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

ah yeah that always happens around here. haha i imagine some people visualizing ballylarchduggan(and hillview apparently) as some place kurt russell would try to escape from

HON the boy, only thing you'd have to be on your guard for is bumping into Rentens after a bag a cans.... he'd stick something in ya alrite but it wouldnt be a syringe Wuh Wuh Wuh Wuh Wuh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nwaymg

hello every one,

i would like to know and give me some advice Airport Road in Killure Manor area. how do u think about that area?? i have two kids and i have to move there. It is safe place for my kids. PLEASE REPLY TO ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caroline456

nwaymg wrote: »
    hello every one,

i would like to know and give me some advice Airport Road in Killure Manor area. how do u think about that area?? i have two kids and i have to move there. It is safe place for my kids. PLEASE REPLY TO ME.

well, I don't know if the Killure Manor is good or bad itself, but it's very close to Saint John's Park so, for that reason, I wouldn't be very happy to move down there...

Thanks u so much caroline456. i 'm from carlow. i have to move to waterford. i don't know about the place of waterford. how about Saint John Park area? it's bad place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Johns Park used to be a rough estate years ago, dont think its as bad anymore.

shockwave wrote: »

Thank u Shockwave. It's still rough in there? how about Killure Manor area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

As far as i know Killure is ok, fairly quiet I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

nwaymg wrote: »
    hello every one,

well, I don't know if the Killure Manor is good or bad itself, but it's very close to Saint John's Park so, for that reason, I wouldn't be very happy to move down there...

What decade are you living in? John's Park is fine, and has been for a number of years. My girlfriend is from there originally and I've spent a lot of time there and have seen no trouble at all. A few cheeky kids hanging around but you'll find those in any estate in Ireland, nevermind Waterford. I'm living in what people would call 'a nice quiet estate' and I've seen more cop cars calling up here than anywhere I've ever lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Why youd want to move here i dont know, Johns park is a tip, every time ive every walked through there from the dog track down that way its always covered in glass, bins all over the place, bikes car tyres lots of social housing, people dont seem to care about the area they live in, dog rough, You dont see any guards in there cos theyre afraid to go in there.

Waterford is one of the last counties you should be moving to

• Advertisement

Why youd want to move here i dont know, Johns park is a tip, every time ive every walked through there from the dog track down that way its always covered in glass, bins all over the place, bikes car tyres lots of social housing, people dont seem to care about the area they live in, dog rough, You dont see any guards in there cos theyre afraid to go in there.

Waterford is one of the last counties you should be moving to

Well that's complete bull****, because I'm in there every other day and I don't see any of that. I see friendly people, I see well maintained gardens and I see kids playing football and chase with each other. There is a row of houses that I think have settled travellers right up the back of Johns Park that nobody I know living there considers that street to be part of John's Park, and they don't care what their street looks like. That's not Johns Park in general.

I know for a fact that people in Johns Park are more worried about kids coming over from Kilcohan estates and causing trouble than kids in their own place.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

shockwave wrote: »

Brings back memories.. I remember i fought outside of Bradys in 1978 and one or two outside the Candy store...
    :pac:

Your one of the first people ive ever heard saying anything positive about johns park, of course the people who live there are gonna think its all right, thats all they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Your one of the first people ive ever heard saying anything positive about johns park, of course the people who live there are gonna think its all right, thats all they know.

And the people who dont live there dont know what its like to live there so who are they to tell people what its like?

Anytime ive been there its been in a mess, and when i moved here first looking for a place to rent i was told to keep away from JOHNS PARK, Templars Hall and a few other places!, Ive also had the pleasure of dealing with a few people from that area.

Anytime ive been there its been in a mess, and when i moved here first looking for a place to rent i was told to keep away from JOHNS PARK, Templars Hall and a few other places!, Ive also had the pleasure of dealing with a few people from that area.

This is the last time I'm replying to one of your posts, but instead of listening to hearsay and spending your time spreading negative energy about a City that's needs anything but that, you spend it doing something constructive. That's the last I'm saying on the matter now.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Lot qiueter in St Johns park nowadays, In the eighties and the seventies was rough, not anymore, all the lads have grown up...honestly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

if spankthemonkey is so negative about Waterford, (and i have said it Before), why doesnet he move somewhere else. Probably:
    a) too afraid to move anywhere else..pathetic
    b) just on here trolling negatively in a sterotypical Irish way, complain complain complain without ever doing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

Max Powers wrote: »
    if spankthemonkey is so negative about Waterford, (and i have said it Before), why doesnet he move somewhere else. Probably:
    a) too afraid to move anywhere else..pathetic
    b) just on here trolling negatively in a <b>sterotypical Irish way</b>,complain complain complain without ever doing anything

If you don't like Ireland and it's stereotypical customs then why don't YOU move somewhere else!!!

Sorry... couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

spankthemonkey you should know by now that you can't complain about Waterford or Ireland without being asked why you don't leave. Only positive comments about Waterford please, even if we have to make them up! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

the opinions of people like spankthemonkey are quite worthless as they come with a pretty clear agenda attached.

As for best areas, follow the money. Its just a fact that mos of the "best places" to live also cost the most. That's not to say that cheap areas must therefore be the worst but on balance you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I think somebody should ask wankthemonkey to leave, or at least stop trolling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

wellboytoo wrote: »
    I think somebody should ask wankthemonkey to leave, or at least stop trolling.

Personal abuse and if you think someone is trolling report it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Im not trolling im playing devils advocate, Im entitled to my opinion on how i see things here in Waterford, If you dont like my opinion then dont respond to me,

Your basicly saying im not entitled to my opinion???

Its not very democratic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Im not trolling im playing devils advocate, Im entitled to my opinion on how i see things here in Waterford, If you dont like my opinion then dont respond to me,

Your basicly saying im not entitled to my opinion???

Its not very democratic

I think 99% of people on here are fair and any valid and well founded criticisim of Waterford (or anywhere else) would be taken on-board objectively. What I and others on here cannot stand is unfounded at best, completely untrue at worst overly negative opinions most often spouted by (now i dont know anyone on here personally) persons I often meet who take this wallowing in their own misery to new levels and to be frank are more often than not ill-informed. Often these people spend most of their posts trying to export their misery on other people asking for sound advice. (does that constitute trolling?, I presume it does)

I often ask these people (not just on here), why dont they go somewhere else if they feel so negative about the place. They are usually dumbstruck by the question and go back to their pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caroline456

Well, I'm really sorry I got involved in this discussion, it's becoming very nasty.

My apologies to everyone, especially those living in Saint John's Park, I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings...

I think 99% of people on here are fair and any valid and well founded criticisim of Waterford (or anywhere else) would be taken on-board objectively. What I and others on here cannot stand is unfounded at best, completely untrue at worst overly negative opinions most often spouted by (now i dont know anyone on here personally) persons I often meet who take this wallowing in their own misery to new levels and to be frank are more often than not ill-informed. Often these people spend most of their posts trying to export their misery on other people asking for sound advice. (does that constitute trolling?, I presume it does)

I often ask these people (not just on here), why dont they go somewhere else if they feel so negative about the place. They are usually dumbstruck by the question and go back to their pint.

Im not in a position to go somewhere else, financially or otherwise, so yeah im stuck here! whether you like it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

There are many people who think Waterford is going to ruin, but they are working and have family and friends there, so asking them why they don't move somewhere else is pointless - negative equity is a major reason, work and family is another - no money, list goes on.

I lived in Waterford City all my life but moved out about 5 years ago, every time I go back to town now I am in shock, the town is in a very bad way - there's no way round it. I think perhaps when you see the place every day, you don't notice how empty and run down it looks. I had some guests over who stayed at the Granville and they all commented on the centre of town being "a ghost town" after 6 o clock - they couldn't believe how few people were around.

I don't know who is responsible for destroying the city - but - they should be sacked IMO. Also people of Waterford need to start taking pride in their city - have expectation for the place, like they do when, for example, the Tall Ships come to town - there is no excuse for the rot that has been allowed to set in.

On the other hand moaning about area's of the city just to be critical is not very useful either.

I agree with you totally, The problem is when your negative people who are born and bred here get upset, Im not born and bred here so for me i would like things to be better and i am yes point out all the faults and i do contact the city about this, but there is just so so mnay problems its almost like where to begin, I from another country and ive lived in many other countries and when you see how its done there or how simply its done it can be very annoying, and i dont know how people are happy to settle for it,

Yes it is negative but if i didnt give a sh't i just wouldnt say anything,

I think people who live here all their life have rose tinted glasses and dont like to hear anything bad about their town, they also dont like outsiders pointing it out, i understand. you should however expect higher standards of living for yourselves, something that doesnt require financial resourses just proper organisation.

The problem with the political system is that people are voted in on say 3 year terms, and its almost like well i wont be here for the long term i will just be a yes man and at the end point to statistics but we dont live by statistics, thats a huge problem in every country though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I'm kind of sorry I started this thread. Didn't think I would be opening a can of worms this bad. :(

Advertisement