Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof of Tierney?

Options
  • 11-10-2011 2:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the library and I'm almost sure I can see people walking on the roof of Tierney (that, or all the study is playing tricks on my eyesight!) :P

Is there anything up there? Are they maintenance people? One of them seems to be picking up rubbish and putting it in a bag, which is a bit bizzare!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Probably smoking. I always see lecturers I recognise having a sneaky fag up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Probably smoking. I always see lecturers I recognise having a sneaky fag up there.
    It's not really that sneaky as there is an area up there for smoking. If it was sunny people would sit there and have lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Anybody can stroll up there, there's a roof area you can go out on on both sides of the building afaik

It is straight ahead when you come through the tunnel from the Arts Block. I thought most people knew about that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

It is straight ahead when you come through the tunnel from the Arts Block. I thought most people knew about that area.

Surely it's a not that area though, if he can see it from the library.
    Must be on the other side of the building.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the answers, that's interesting!

I can't fully remember, but I think it was on the Daedalus side of the Tierney building ("to the right" as you are facing the Tierney building, from the Arts Block).

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Surely it's a not that area though, if he can see it from the library.
    Must be on the other side of the building.

Parts of the library can see that side of the Tierney Building (plus the Daedulus, girls skirts blowing in the wind etc :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

Theres a garden area on a roof level of Tierney facing the library. You can see it from inside the second floor, just outside the presidents office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

OmegaRed10 wrote: »
    Theres a garden area on a roof level of Tierney facing the library. You can see it from inside the second floor, just outside the presidents office.
    For Overlord Brady's use only afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Fad wrote: »
    UCD looks so much shítter on Bing Maps :(

Yeah i know, thats f'in microsoft for ye

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I like the Bing Maps of Dublin - the oblique view allows you to see a bit more than the top-down view of Google Earth/Maps allows you to see in Satellite mode!

Can anyone go onto the roof of Tierney, or is it strictly just staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Google has some 45 degree coverage, can't wait until it covers over here, you just know it'll be better ;)

Advertisement