Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!

Options
  • 11-10-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I could get more help with science maths 1, other than the MLC in UL?
    Paid obviously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

jimmyd87 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I could get more help with science maths 1, other than the MLC in UL?
    Paid obviously.

I always found the maths learning centre helpful for 1st year maths. Depending o. When you go, you get different tutors.
    There's people doing grinds around the place too if you look about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

The trick with the MLC is to find one of the tutors that you like/can understand their way of teaching and find out when they are working and stick with them. Friday afternoons is the best time to go as it is quite. Paddy is the best Lecturer that you will get for SM1, Padriag and James are also very good but I don't know if they have slots this year. Are they running a support tutorial? They had one for the Matures last year but a regular students went too and where not kicked out :)

Stick with it before you start forking out for grinds...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

am i the only one that literally has no time to go to the MLC or SLC? im in way too much and cant miss any lectures as ive to sign in and get marked on attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jimmyd87

NO! If you have an awkward timetable like I do it can be a bit more difficult. Amazing the way everyone in a select course can have completely different timetables. Not cool :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I'm trying so hard like,
    Yet to attend one of either and constantly meaning to,
    Especially for Maths!
    If I was to try and go, I'd only get half an hour or something in,
    Barely worth going if that's the case...

My timetable allows me to do none of them,
    Missing out on the odd tutorial then as well,
    Still haven't done one solid week of college,
    Attending every lecture for the week,
    Each time I've had a pretty genuine reason though.
    Last two weeks dying sick with cold and cough,
    Went in to attend labs one day last week and barely made it home afterwards.
    I'd see myself as a bit of a martyr but when you're putting other peoples health at risk,
    Common courtesy comes into play...

Go in next week and half the year stumbling around with colds and coughs and the likes.
    Took one for the team going home... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    am i the only one that literally has no time to go to the MLC or SLC? im in way too much and cant miss any lectures as ive to sign in and get marked on attendance.

You should try asking some people you know who might be able to help or asking class mates. You could try posting in the maths section of boards here or some other similar site. The information is out there, but for maths, there are just so many damn formulas.

I think this crowd might be able to help: http://pslc.ul.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Paddy is the best Lecturer that you will get for SM1, Padriag and James are also very good but I don't know if they have slots this year.

Paddy <3

I'm in 3rd year now and he's still one of my favourites. What a man.

*swoon*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭DesQ2

I can try help you out with grinds if you want for a very reasonable rate, I have a lot of experience with giving grinds in maths and physics, please drop me a mail if interested, hope I'm not breaking any rules posting like this here

Advertisement