Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capture sound - wedding video

• 11-10-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I am going to video my sisters wedding on a HD samsung video camera. Unfortunately it doesnt pick up sound very well and doesnt have a mic input.
    As the church has a PA system and all the microphones go through it, is it possible to connect directly to this and record sound and video separately and then merge them on the PC?

I am worried that it will be very difficult to allign the two files so that they are synchronised perfectly.

thanks for any help and sorry I dont understand the technology better...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

blues2 wrote: »
    I am going to video my sisters wedding on a HD samsung video camera. Unfortunately it doesnt pick up sound very well and doesnt have a mic input.
    As the church has a PA system and all the microphones go through it, is it possible to connect directly to this and record sound and video separately and then merge them on the PC?

I am worried that it will be very difficult to allign the two files so that they are synchronised perfectly.

thanks for any help and sorry I dont understand the technology better...

I've seen some guys use an iPod or similar to record from the Church speakers. But you'd want to try it in advance. You can then drag it in as a separate soundtrack. Might take a little syncing.

How are you going to edit the footage?

Have you met the priest and will you attend the rehearsal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Definately follow Freddies advice and meet with the priest in advance.

Make sure your audio recording device captures the sound with sufficient quality and that you can successfully import it into your editing software.

In regard to syncing, that's actually the easy part. Use a clapper board. Trouble is that for each take you'll need to clap it in front of the camera just after you start rolling. Might be a little distracting during a wedding ceremony...:eek:

Anyhow, when you import your audio into the editing software you'll have a handy reference point for audio / video syncing.

On another note, have you considered white balance?

Advertisement