Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighting Circuit Question

Options
  • 11-10-2011 3:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭

The lights in my house are on 2 simple circuits wired with single conductors.
    Am I right in thinking that it is the live wires that loop through the switches with the neutrals going between the ceiling roses & other fittings?

On investigating some wires that seemed to have been intended for a porch light but were just taped up & abandoned, I was thinking that mine might be the other way round.

Presumably the lives are supposed to be switched?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    The lights in my house are on 2 simple circuits wired with single conductors.
    Am I right in thinking that it is the live wires that loop through the switches with the neutrals going between the ceiling roses & other fittings?

Presumably the lives are supposed to be switched?

thats the way it should be(fuse protecting the live wire at the switch)
    but i have seen the neutral switched so check to be sure

Advertisement